Bonneville Front Tire

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by moparnut72, Feb 21, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. moparnut72

moparnut72 New Member

Feb 12, 2022
    Quincy, California
    I have a new T120. As everyone knows the front tire is pretty terrible. I am not finding anything in the stock size in a radial tire. Avon Spirits have been recommended here but I don't see a direct replacement for the stock size. Are you guys using the 100's instead of the 110's? Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    kk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    morarnut72
    Welcome to the family. Do hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and let the inmates see your bike. Tyres that's British for your tire. Best thing you can do is talk to the manufactures and ask what they recommend. They are testing all the time and get the best results for the models and style of riding.
    Joe.

3. moparnut72

moparnut72 New Member

Feb 12, 2022
    Quincy, California
    Picture of my bike is in the Newbies Hangout but here it is again.
    kk

IMG_20220201_170525781.jpg

IMG_20220201_170538232.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Moparnut72.
    Nice pictures thanks for sharing. Well laden up
    Joe

5. Cape Cod Carl

Cape Cod Carl Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Plymouth Ma
    Hi , I put on the 100/90 Spirit and with about 5,000 miles on it couldn't be more pleased . 2016 T120 .

6. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    I put a Michelin Pilot Activ on mine very happy with it.

7. moparnut72

moparnut72 New Member

Feb 12, 2022
    Quincy, California
    Thanks guys. Somewhere I read that the front tire was a 110. I finally went out to the shop and looked. It is a 100, so no issues replacing it. However there aren't man options available. I've read a lot of good things about the Spirits so I will go with one of those when they become available. The bike is new so I haven't put many miles on it yet due to winter. While it was in the shop for it's mandatory first service I rode my Moto Guzzi V7lll. It is really sensitive to grooves and ridges probably due to the bias ply Sport Demon on the front. After I got the Triumph back I realized it wasn't near as bad. I will probably stick with the stock tire for awhile. Eventually I will get a Spirit, I have used several Avons in the past and have had good experiences with them.
    kk

• Like Like x 1
  8. BLKWND

BLKWND Member

Nov 17, 2020
    HOUSTON
    I trust Triumph engineers. I wore out that first Pirelli in 6K miles (by my standards. Some may have gone further on it.)

I had no problem with that tire, other than 1) It wasn’t a radial tire, and 2) it wasn’t a radial tire.

I don’t care for the tubes, but I’m bothered less and less by that.

I replaced my front tire with the Avon Spirit in a 110/80R18. The fit is fine, and unless you’re looking too hard, you wouldn’t notice the slightly smaller overall diameter. It still fills the front fender/ mud guard nicely enough.

The lower profile affords a quicker handling dynamic I think most would appreciate unless seeing a lot of off road service I.e., trails and single track. My riding is all highway all the time. I’ve 6000 miles on the new tires (I put a Storm on the rear in the stock size), and both tires are looking very good at present. If I get to replace them again before Christmas it’s been a good year for riding!

• Like Like x 1