Bonneville AI removal advice.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by filbay, Feb 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. filbay

filbay Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Hampshire
    Hi folks, I have finally got around to buying a few upgrade parts, the O2 removal kit, air box baffle plate and the AI removal kit for my 2009 EFI Bonnie. It all arrived today from Squaredeals, but no instructions. However I feel ok about doing the mods. but would like to ask about the AI removal. When I disconnect the SAI loom connector will this show up as a " fault " when I switch on ? Your comments will be much appreciated, thanks……….
    PS . The bike had a TORS remap downloaded before I got the bike.

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Filbay, will AI removal trip a fault code? Well that's a very good question that has several answers:

1. Full removal of all the AI system including the solenoid, without any other actions - WILL TRIP AN ERROR LIGHT;

2. Full removal with the installation of a resistor - NO TRIPPING OF ERROR LIGHTS.

3. Full removal with a modification to the installed map deleting the AI system from the map - NO TRIPPING OF ERROR LIGHTS.

4. Full plumbing removal of system but leaving the AI solenoid connected - NO TRIPPING OF ERROR LIGHTS.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have a look here for AI removal without having to reset error lights on ecu. It's dead simple. Or if you have the means to reset error lights just remove everything. I did the full removal in about 40 mins, taking my time and thinking things through before action. Good luck

4. filbay

filbay Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Hampshire

Thanks for all the advice. Have just looked at the Youtube video, it is exactly as the BigLad says ! Was going to do it today, have assembled everything I need, tools, gasket sealant etc. However the heavy rain is blowing straight into my garage door at the moment so will have to leave it it for another time ! will let you know how it goes, and thanks once again for the help………………

• Like Like x 1
  5. david harrison

david harrison New Member

Jun 7, 2016
    scunthorpe
    Why not just plug the pipe to the air filter this is quick to do,easy to reverse and results in no light.Then if you wish you can remove the head tubes and plug the holes to give better access to the spark plugs.However I found on my 2011 SE that the O2 sensors will detect less air in the exhaust and think the mixture is rich so weaken it to give wooly running on light throttle.You can use O2 eliminators to stop this and do an adaption run and then you may be happy but probably the course will have been set,like so many of us,on more mods.When the best stuff has been done the bike will be transformed and you will just want to keep as off the shelf bikes will not compare.

• Like Like x 1