Bonneville aftermarket exhaust

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by wildhenry, Dec 4, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wildhenry

wildhenry New Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Brighton
    Hi All,
    I'm trying to get my 2005 Bonneville to sound like a motorcycle instead of a sewing machine!
    I have a pair of 12" shorty universal silencers which I thought I could just bolt straight on but.....NO!
    The header pipes have an upward kick to them making the replacement silencers impossible to fit as the pillion hanger brackets/foot pegs are in the way.
    It seems the only way is to remove them which I do not want to do or ....... cut the headers back.
    I'm also considering a pair of 17" reverse cone silencers to try out but I guess I will have the same problem.
    Apart from removing the baffles in the stock exhaust does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers,
    wildhenry.

2. wildhenry

wildhenry New Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Brighton
    Well.......I think I've solved the exhaust situation.( If there is anyone out there?)
    A pair of adapters...with luck these will facilitate the fitting of my shorty 'Emgo' silencers/mufflers.
    Well I must say I am most disappointed with the lack of ANY response from you guys on this forum.
    The Triumph Rat forum is alive and well but sad to say you lot seemed to have stopped breathing!
    I think I might as well not bother with it any longer....farewell!
    Signing off.....Wildhenry

3. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Fair enough WH but the only response I could have given was a resounding 'I have no idea'. Enjoy the Yanks.

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Goodbye... Sorry but I have no experience of the Bonnie and as this is a fairly new site it is still growing...

5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    The Triumph RAT forum has 84,672 members, this forum has 729 members of which, only 150 are allegedly active! Therefore, statistically you are more likely to get a response on the RAT forum.
    Had you question of been about the Speed Triple, Street triple, Explorer, Speedmaster or America then chances are, your query would of been answered as that is what the majority of this forum users seem to ride.

Dont let the door hit you on the arse on your way out :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  6. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    No, let it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. wildhenry

wildhenry New Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Brighton
    Yes Yes Yes......a reply!
    I thought my comments might prompt a reaction, pity the replies had nothing to do with motorcycles.
    At least now I know there is someone out there!

Safe riding and seasonal best wishes,
    Wildhenry

8. nmorgan17

nmorgan17 New Member

Mar 6, 2014
    tec exhaust

hi buy a tec 2 into 1 for a bonny sounds awesome with baffle out all for 199 great stainless system fits like a glove cheers