Bonneville 07, Which Tyres?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JerryBB, Oct 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    sadly my recently purchased 07 865 carb bonnie will need tyres very soon, and I have narrowed it down to Avon roadriders or perhaps avon trailriders, as it is very rural where I live and the roads often have gravel and mini streams running across the road surface as well as muck and manure and some of the minor roads are little more than cobbled tracks,. all good fun but maybe the semi off road tyres might make sense.

Obviously this is all pretty subjective but maybe someone has experience of the trail tyres for town and country use and can comment how they got on, in terms of grip and wear?

And of course the trailriders do look pretty cool imo, having seen some on other bonnies.

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I live in similar terrain and Michelin Pilot Activs are my idea of the ‘go to’ tyre for all weathers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    Thanks Calumity, I'll take a look at them

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Jerry, I had Avon AM26 Roadriders on my T100 for about 5 yrs. 3 sets in all.

They were just excellent in all conditions and all surfaces. Nuff said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales

6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It's a few years ago but I think the mileage per set worked out at roughly 10,000 mls. They wore very well, almost never going flat on the back tyre.

Just a great package for a Bonny.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    Thanks, that's a lot of miles, my kwak never gets more than about 3,500 to 4,500 out of a back tyre

8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It might have even been more mate, I just didn't want to make 'em sound ludicrous.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    I went for the trailriders, as I do think they will be useful and from the reviews they cope well on normal roads and give good mileage as well as allowing a bit of gentle off roading as needed.