Bolt Packages For 97 Adventurer 900 (same As Thunderbird 900)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Charles Virone, Jan 1, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Charles Virone

Charles Virone New Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
    Hello and Happy New year to all. I recently acquired a 97 Adventurer (practically identical to the Thunderbird 900) Its a bike project that I will be restoring with my son over the winter. Most of the bolts have aggravated signs of rust to advanced rust so I want to change as many of the crucial bolts throughout the bike. Cannot seem to find an online source for bolt packages. I will need to remove the bolts and possibly re-tap the holes, therefore I would prefer putting in a new bolt and grease for each one. I would appreciate it if someone would steer me in the right direction as to where i can purchase some sets.

IMG_2279.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Charles Virone

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    #4 stevethegoolie, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Have a look at www.triumphparts.gbr.cc (aka Sprint Manufacturing) for model specific items or www.wemoto.com for more general bits and pieces. Both are UK based, I know, but will no doubt be happy to relieve you of a few of your $s!!:)

Edit .... almost forgot about www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk for more specific stuff.
    All of the above seem to have a good track record for good service etc.

4. Charles Virone

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
    Thank you Sir, much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  5. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    If you want to change fastners to say stainless rather than buy kits it far cheaper to buy a box of say m6x25mm and cut to size.
    For more odd sizes with m10x1.25 pitch etc D.Middleton has a unbeatable range

6. Charles Virone

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
    Thank you, that's a good suggestion.

7. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    ebay Allen m6x25 100off = about £11.50
    some may be expensive. one for the clutch slave is about 80mm long and 2 at about 50mm

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Make sure you put a nut on the bolt "Before" you cut it off, then clean up the end with a file, then take the nut off and check there are no more burrs.

I would do this before you try to put any of the bolts into the ali engine casings and always use a lubricant on the threads !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1