Bodywork Swap

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by rikki d, Dec 15, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rikki d

rikki d New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    doncaster
    Morning Gentlemen.
    My 955 ce was nicked last night and must be replaced asap.
    Choices are limited obviously.
    I do have another ce unfinished project.
    Proper green.
    I'm looking at a 2004 daytona but it's red.
    Can anybody out there tell me if the complete bodywork would be a straight swap.
    Or a bloody nightmare.
    cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Rikki D
    Sorry to hear your bike got pinched. As for bodywork changes not really sure.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Assuming "CE" is a shorthand for Centennial Edition then I would hazard a guess that any similar year model 955 Daytona will be suitable as a bodywork donor. I'm under the impression that the CE had some bits that were carbon instead of plastic but as long as you get the full bodywork kit that should fit. There are differences in engine specs but that's not a concern if you already have a 'spare' Centennial model.

Hope the bastards that nicked your bike get a disgusting, incurable disease that causes their gentialia to rot and drop off slowly - and VERY painfully - just before they shuffle their worthless beings off this mortal coil. Them and the whole of any cohort with which they are associated.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adie P
    Well put.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. so sorry it is gone, mate!
    non-bikers will never understand the punch-to-the-gut feeling from having a bike stolen! soo much more personal than a car. (sure, project cars and cars from deceased loved ones can create special attachment, too.)
    my first moto (1 year out of university) was nabbed when parked by my back door which was open with me eating lunch with my back to it, not 6 feet away. to this day, I find it almost impossible to take the key out w/o locking steering!

• Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes see what you are saying there. Tracy quite a few years ago had a cb100n she totally. I borrowed it one day quickly to ride home for something and the time it took me to go into my house and out again it was gone. They took it across some fields stole the battery then battered the bike to pieces and dumped it in a pond. To this day i still feel guilt for not locking it.
    Joe.