Body Armour - Vest Or Shirt Only

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by 45Brit2017, Apr 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    looking around my assorted riding kit (isn’t this stuff stupidly cheap now?) I notice that I have various elbow and shoulder pads which fit into pockets on jackets.

Does anyone know of a seller offering a mesh or other, shirt or vest which would take these? I don’t need more armour, but it would be useful to have a single garment to slot the pads into, under whatever jacket I was wearing at the time?

2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Do you know anyone who sews ? It's just a simple pouch( I know that because my wife told me). Simple job for a beginner.

3. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    I've seen vests with armour, but they tend to be expensive, for some reason.

4. Scouser38

Scouser38 New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Surrey
    I had a bespoke leather jacket made by a company here in Guildford called Nine Lives, they made zip in thermal and mesh liners with pouches for armour. Could be worth asking them or someone closer to you offering a similar service.

5. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    If you're looking for a under-casual-jacket top of the range protection you got this.

If you have a good armoured non-leather jacket but want an abrasion layer, use this.

You can use them together as well, and ride in a flannel shirt. (the nox stuff will met on your skin if you slide on it ).

• Useful Useful x 1