Featured Bobber Bars On A Bonnie

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Howellerman, Oct 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Howellerman

Howellerman Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Greetings!

When I introduced myself a while back (the Mad Modifier) one of the replies expressed interest in seeing how the Bobber bars worked/fit on a Bonneville. I have attached some pics. All in all, a nice modification: it puts the bars about an inch lower and a little more forward. As far as I can tell the stock and Bobber bars have the exact same profile, with the Bobber again being lower with less pull back for a slightly more aggressive seating position. It has not decreased the all-day comfort (well, within limitations of my bony ass). I have a pretty strong "core" for an old fart, so it's a good match.

I have attached some pictures - hopefully I did it correctly!

Thanks! Oh, and it was a nice thing that the Bobber and Bonnie bars have all the same cutouts and inserts - made it a breeze for retaining grip heaters, switch gear locations, etc.

Stock Bars.jpg

Bobber Bars.jpg

Bobber bars on bike.jpg

Stock versus Bobber bars 1.jpg

Stock versus Bobber bars 2.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Looks cool ps love the blue american car in the background

3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Looks good.....

4. Howellerman

Oct 7, 2017
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Thanks! That's my daily driver, a 1967 Mercury Comet with a 289 and C4. Have invested a ton of time and money in her, and after rebuilding the interior, front end, retrofitting power disk brakes and 130 amp alternator, and replacing all the "soft" engine parts, it is a pleasure to drive. Get lots of thumbs-up!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Celticages

Celticages Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    New Hampshire, USA
    I like it! I just bought a Street Cup last month and am going to change out the clubman bars for more traditional bars. I was actually thinking a "straight" bar from the bobber or a tracker bar similar to your old bars or the Street Twin. The problem with the Street Twin bars are they are 7/8" (SAE) and I need a 1" diameter bar. Do you know the diameter of the Bobber bar?

6. Howellerman

Oct 7, 2017
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Just measured the Bobber bars - 1".