Featured Bmw Nav 6

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dougie D, Jan 14, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i bought a BMW NAV 6 when i bought my GS in 2020 it was great for about 9 months then it started freezing now and again, so i took a WhatsApp video of it when it was playing up and showed it to the dealers, they replaced it with a new Nav 6 it was fine for a while but started freezing again, so it took another video of it and dropped it off at the dealers, got a call from them today saying they have a new Nav 7 for me. fingers crossed this one will be ok!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hopefully BMW has worked out the bugs on their NAV system, Dougie, and this one will work fine for you. That was a good idea to take a video of it so you could show the dealers what was happening in real time. Sounds like they stepped up and made it right each time.

3. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    That's something anyone may expect from a "premium" brand. Just hope the NAV 7 will last longer.

4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    My Nav6 is giving me grief just now. I bought it second hand so no warranty. It’s doing what the hell it wants, screen freezing, screen changing on its own without being touched. It’s a common problem when you look at the relevant forums. At first I thought it was down to greasy fingerprints on the screen and a good clean made it better for a while but it’s now got to the stage where it’s unusable and I’ve got some serious touring planned this year so I’m going to need some form of navigation cos I can’t read maps in a tank bag anymore. From what I’ve read Garmin are likely to offer me a “refurbished” one at over £140 with a 90 day warranty. Some who have taken this up have had no problems, some have had two or three goes at rectifying the issue (not at £140 a time in all cases). Seems the Nav6 is a bit of a disaster and I can only hope your 7 is fault free.
    I’m going to connect to the PC and make sure the software is right up to date, though it’s not long since I did that, then try Garmin support and see what they say. At over £600 new it’s not living up to what I’d expect of a premium product.

5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The one i got wasn't actually a Nav 7 but the updated "version" of a Nav 6, there will not be a Nav 7 apparently, as the dealer was telling me all Sat Navs on BMWs will be built into the bikes TFT

6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    It's like the age old joke which I'm sure you can guess.
    Point it towards Poland and it'll work a treat.

• Funny Funny x 2