Bloody Scammers!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Dec 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I have had a DSLR camera and three lenses and extras as a kit and another lens for sale on Free-adds and got a message last week was it still available so replied yes then this week i get another from the same person saying could they have a contact so they could sort a price to which i replied with a small fixed drop and items where for personal collection and cash only and gave an email or use the contact number , had my suspicions anyway.

So then get a message saying that's OK can i add an extra $50 to beat any other offer...at which time i knew it was a scam and asked if they could pay by PayPal so scam confirmed and fook off.

Getting so fed up with time wasters!:mad:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Yeah main reason why i wont use PayPal too easy to reclaim their money when they have the goods.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Seems i am rich again...15 million pending from a bank in Benin (west African)
    only need to give my passport number social security...and the name inside my underwear to receive it...cant wait.:poop:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Talisker

Talisker New Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Kent UK
    That is definitely a scam they never ask for underwear details. Regards Jim

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Tbh, well spotted sir.
    Could have successfully worked out for him if you weren’t on the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Agreed, you have to be so careful these days. :mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    : unamused:Had another a few days ago regarding the same camera kit that's also advertised on another forum...the suspicions were raised when I get a message via WhatsApp saying they had seen the add (so why did you not contact me via the forum):rolleyes:
    Anyway he goes on to say he will have it can he pay via PayPal now i had already said that bank transfer was the only option but no ...he goes on to say that shame as he wanted me to send it to his friend in Ireland now if my suspicions were not high originally they were now.;)

Needless to say I reported his number and blocked it......worrying how he got it in the first place...going to give up selling this camera as all I have had is scammers!:(

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Likely to be the same bunch of twats...

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    @Tricky-Dicky is there any reason not to sell on eBay? It does cut a lot of scammers out and as long as your reasonably astute you’ll spot any that do manage to come through?

If you really want to get rid you could try the likes of MPB or Ffordes and see what they would offer?

Got to be a lot less hassle than the free ads

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    A friend of mine had his bike up for sale on the internet recently. He got an email from a guy requesting further details of the bike which my friend duly sent to him. Things went quiet for a few weeks, then out of the blue, the guy got back in touch saying sorry he had been in hospital, but he would like to buy the bike for the advertised amount. My friend of course was please and asked how the chap wanted to proceed with the purchase. The response was that the chap lived in the UK (he gave an address with postcode) but worked in France, so he would send a cheque to my friend for the agreed sale figure, but it would be in Euros rather than pounds Sterling. He also said he would add funds to cover the cost of a bike courier to come and pick up the bike and (presumably) take it to his place of residence. At this point my friend though this a little strange, but providing the funds had cleared in his bank prior to the bike being collected, he reasoned it would be ok, so he agreed to go ahead on that basis. A few days later a bank certified cheque did arrive (in Euros). The amount however was nearly double that needed for the purchase of the bike and with the excess he could probably have had a bike courier deliver it to Timbucktoo first class! My friend decided enough was enough and called the Police. They said these kind of scams were sadly very common and the scammer would probably ask for the extra funds back in cash or for the 'victim' to buy specific items on their behalf with the money. They also said the scammer might say he'd changed his mind about wanting to buy the bike and demand the full amount back in Sterling.

Be on your guard folks, there are some devious bas***ds out there!

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1