Bloody Recall, 2013 models

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Glynmcc, Aug 13, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Glynmcc

Glynmcc Member

May 22, 2013
    Torpoint
    As this concerns both Speed triple and 675R ABS models I thought I'd post it here. After returning home from working offshore I find a letter from Triumph saying that I need to take my bike to the nearest dealer as soon as possible. Requires replacement of the ABS modulator, if not done could cause critical loss of control of the bike. WTF! The bike is stunning, rides like a dream, but this has just taken the gloss off the triumph experience for me. Plus on the same day I go to fit the as advertised 675r paddock stand bobbins, purchased from the official triumph website they are the wrong size and too small, grrrr. Not a good week, lets hope I don't have a critical loss of control as I ride the 15 miles to the nearest dealer, but must wait until the dealer had got the parts. For crying out loud a number of these modulators should've been made available to the dealers straight away.

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Have an October 2012 Speed Triple ABS let's hope I'm not on the recall, bike was at Triumph Yesterday being serviced and nothing was said.

3. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    This recall is not triumphs fault, apparently Nissan had a faulty batch of abs modulators, and it is them who have initiated the recall.

4. Rusty675

Rusty675 New Member

May 18, 2013
    Hampshire
    Got the same letter a few days ago. This topic has just reminded me I need to get this done haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Oh well if its not Triumphs fault that's ok then! I'll remember that when I grab the lever and it causes ' critical loss of control of the bike' I'll be happy in the knowledge that its all Nissan's fault... :mad: I'm not having a go Explorer but FFS the brakes are the most confidence knocking thing on the bike-that's why I got rid of my ABS Blade, it happened twice on that and that was it I was off to Triumph - now I'm joining the white boot brigade again but WITHOUT ABS (ref to brybrem the last bit! :upyeah:)

Seriously guys if you get the letter park it and insist the dealer pick it up for the fix - I'm sure your wives,girlfriends & bry's manfreinds would agree - just sayin :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Not wanting to be a pedant, or anything, but I think you'll all find the brakes are Nissin, from Ohio and not Nissan (formerly Datsun) from Japan. Just sayin'...

• Like Like x 2
  7. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Pedant? of pedantic Bry? see told you i was a toff! - actually I can't spell ofr tofffffeeeeeee! I did look at a BMW S1000rr but its got too many electronic gizmo's so I've opted for something I know well and love - no not you!

View attachment 1740

Just sayin! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Looks sweet, H. Hope you'll get new slippers and a pipe to go with your new Mondeo. just sayin'... (Best get white slippers). x

• Like Like x 2
  9. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    The blade is most probally the best road biased Superbike out there but... They do have a habit of burning oil I knew of some that were going through 1 litre every 1000 miles from new apart from that the bikes are great but compared to the Speed Triple they feel a bit soul less. also if you want to take the passenger footpegs my advice to you would be don't. you more or less have to take the whole bloody subframe off to get at them :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  10. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Hi Steve, I know where your coming from with the oil issue, I've read lots on other forums about it, the 08 was the worst. This will be my 4th Blade, I've had an 06 ,2010 & 2012 but none of them had the oil issue. As for the footpegs the Speed is a 5 minute job :upyeah: - however dogsbollocks designs do some very well made footpeg adapters and once fitted its a 5 minute job on the blade - a winters night project fitting those in the conservatory me thinks!
    The current wife has been a pillion on both the blade and the Speed, the Speed is more comfy but 90% of the time I'm out on my own - that said the blades suspension is easier to set up for pillions and rides really well 2 up.

If only I had the funds to keep both .... lotto dreams! :biggrin:

11. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    My blade has never used a drop of oil, I've just got the dogs bollocks plates so that's my next job !

12. johntimo

johntimo New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    you more or less have to take the whole bloody subframe off to get at them.

13. labixiaoxin

labixiaoxin Banned

Oct 23, 2013
    It is without any doubt that stockings are the sexy weapon to both men and women. When come to cool season many wholesale stockings are available online and store. Would you like to have a try on Shiying wholesale sexy lingerie online store? Visit now and enjoy the amazing low offer!

14. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    spam spam spam spam wonderful SPAM

15. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Went to see 'Spamalot' in London a few years ago. That was enough, thanks. :smile: