Bloke With His Head In A Bird Cage?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by H.O., Jul 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Its been a long time since I've watched BSB, found it on Quest yesterday, and was shocked to see Shane Byrne with his head in a bird cage!!
    I knew he had a nasty crash but broken vertebrae, every rib broken, operation on his spine and he's still making light of it and commentating!
    Incredible, absolutely incredible!
    What is he made of?
    Absolutely astonishing, air ball kickers could learn a lot from these riders!
    Good to see Jamie Whitham looking so well, I hope his recovery continues well for him too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Yeah it was a bad one, he's lucky to be here though. i'm not sure if he will race again,i think he wants too but he has nothing to prove and age is against him..time to retire i think, on the bright side Leon Haslam looks likely he will finally get a much deserved championship..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Shakeys been on the sofa with Matt Roberts for a few rounds now, this was the first time I’d seen him out at the track. I hope he doesn’t race anymore cos the next injury could be the one that paralyses him and it would be such a waste to end in a wheelchair. Wayne Rainey previously fractured the vertebrae that stopped his career at Misano but these guys aren’t like us, they live to win races. I just wish him a full and quick recovery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    It will be a shame to see him retire, but at least still alive and walking, I think apart from his injuries, thinking of his wife and family may well be a deciding factor this time!
    He's given us some top class entertainment, top class rider, now he deserves to retire but something says we may be he wont?
    The fact he live not too far from Brand Hatch might be the reason he could travel to the meeting, but I would be surprised to see him too further afield, then again perhaps not!
    Might be time to get rid of the other Jamie and give him the job instead!;)

5. Southern995Nick

Southern995Nick Well it started like this....

Sep 26, 2017
    Hampshire
    Saw him at Brands, had a quick chat, he is really upbeat, now with the cage removed, its just a waiting game to see if he heals properly... fair play to the guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1