Black Friday Wheeling And Dealing

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by gazzatheyid, Nov 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gazzatheyid

gazzatheyid Senior Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Hi guys,

I've had to take holiday between jobs so bored at home (especially as the Mrs is working from home and have to behave).

Anyway this isn't a promotion for motolegends but they do a 10% price beat even on promotional items from other dealers. Sportsbike shop have a BF sale with 20% off a lot of gear and are generally (but not always) the cheapest. If motolegends stock the item (usually the mid to high end gear) they also beat this by 10%.

I have on order a Bering Yukon Jacket at £390 and looking at some Richa Artic Gore Txt gloves at £72 (if they beat the xlmoto price which even beat sports bike shops) .

Any thoughts on the Bering Yukon jacket appreciated. This is laminate and gortex and is smashing the market apparently because the laminate technology was always ridiculously expensive.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I'm afraid I think black Friday is a con like most "sales" they just get rid of things that don't sell normally

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    In general I agree but I've found some quality gear to be had at the retailers I mentioned above if you wheel and deal and use price matches.

4. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    It's not all a con, and we know discounting poor sellers or end-of-line stock is part of the retail business. On the other hand, a Black Friday sticker doesn't necessarily mean you're getting a bargain.

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/box...-a-special-offer-deal-is-genuine-akplc2q7g9UW

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I got my Bering laminate jacket from Motolegends. It's a medium and a perfect fit but the sleeves are slightly shorter than I'd prefer compared to other jackets.

6. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Nice was that the Yukon? Are you usually a medium with other manufacturers? I'm small with most so hoping it will fit OK.

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    No, it was the Balistik and yes, all my other jackets have been or are medium. :cool:
    It's not that noticeable on the Tiger but more so when I'm on the R nine t due to the seating position.

• Like Like x 2
  8. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Nice, I did look at that one but was sold on the Gore-Tex and 5 year warranty with the Yukon. Commuting 2 hours a day (well post covid) convinced me to go up a level.

Have you put it through the motions?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    So all sizes are available in the deal? I doubt it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Hi Rocker,

If you are doing a price beat they have to be in stock at the competitor. All sizes seem to be discounted from what I see on Sportsbike shop. It either is or isn't in the sale.

11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    No worries mate not knocking what deals you have found I just don't trust sales too many have proven to be a con raising the price in quiet periods for 28 days then slashing the price by 50% which it used to be anyway

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Another con :joy::joy:

14. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    On another note have you got rid of your Rockster sure I saw it on eBay for sale by a dealer

15. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    You just mirror my thoughts on that. Any day is a bargain day from 364 days. The 1 missing is Black Friday

16. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Err call it free storage! Gave it to them to sell SOR unfortunately the wording is not what I expected from who ever put the ad together. It states unique paintwork and painted by owner. That’s a sure way most people walk away from a bike never mind bmw folk who mostly want stuff exactly as std bar luggage. I would have got away with ‘oh it must be a factory optional BMW Ice blue version’ if they didn’t flop the ad!!

17. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    they could have put professionally resprayed to owners spec
    Thought she was a keeper anyway great bike I've still got mine

F47685B8-8882-4C3C-A5C9-8BC47CA4277A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    When you work for yourself everything is for sale. It’s a cock up ad so it’ll more than likely be free ‘warm’ storage. It can only now go up in value as it’s (like yours) the last of the simple users

19. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    @Rocker so when did that one of yours last see any action?

20. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    It's been a couple of years I was going to take her to the TT but you know what happened :mad:

• Like Like x 1