Black Forest

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Ken walburn, Jul 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Thinking of touring the Black Forest Region with a friend next year. Any suggestions from anyone on good biking roads. Any help would be appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks. Rode the Vosges Mountains last year, very enjoyable. Stayed in Colmar, might tag that on to the end of the loop & ride it again.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: First things first Ken :eek:

Get yourself a friend :joy::p

4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Aren't you coming then?!:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Hi Ken, wife and moi did the BF by car last year, beautiful area. It struck me that once you're off the autobahn, all roads looked good. Maybe @Winglad can make some suggestions ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    ITs a great place to ride a bike. I thought I was in heaven. Heres the place we stayed at. Its run by a couple of Brits. Bit of a cop out but its popular with fellow bikershttp://www.pension-williams.com/.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #7 Havit, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Yeah, When you get to the fridge keep to the left head up pass the Trifle tower you get a great veiw of the Gateau from there. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #8 Winglad, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Hello Ken,
    check this out:
    7F92917D-BFA1-479B-9D1F-1015E0507294.jpeg

This is a great road to give you a nice overview of the Black Forest.
    The same website in English:

https://www.black-forest-travel.com/

Unfortunately, I did not find the text above translated there.... (!?)

If you love gourmet food and are willing to get rid of a few British pounds by gaining some German kilos ;) and if you happen to be in Baden Baden (great town - owned by Russians though) check out Brenners Parkhotel. (Jacket and tie required. I arrived wearing a tie but no jacket, so the restaurant supplied one to be draped over my dining chair. I considered this as pretty good service).

https://www.oetkercollection.com/destinations/brenners-park-hotel-spa/

They have, or had, one Michelin star and on a trip to this place and also to the ‚Traube‘ further south, we agreed to have been served the best gourmet food for the money we spend.

Anyway: you will discover, that nearly all places have great food and asked for the roads: just take the ones with the most bends :p
    If anything else comes to my mind, I‘ll post it here...

Cheers, Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  9. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Isn‘t the Trifletower located in Parish? :yum

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks Daniel, rode the B500 about 5 years ago on my Hayabusa, also the B48 (great road). Will do that one again I think. Stayed in Baden Baden a couple of times now, a great overnight venue. I'm sure there must be many great twisty / scenic roads, within a 150 km loop of there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    i think thats just spam

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    Don't go where mummelsee!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  13. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    I was even more intrigued by the Titisee...
    ...lake of tits... :p
    Rumor has it that if you dive deep enough, you will enter the labyrinth of boobs... :no_mouth:

14. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Stopped there on the way to Switzerland a few years back. Very hot day, lots of sunbathing, boobs everywhere:cool: very busy when the sun is out

• Like Like x 1
  15. splodge

splodge New Member

Aug 21, 2017
    York
    I was there last month - stayed in Freiburg which was a good central location. B500 was very busy so we didn't spend much time on it. The roads around Munstertal, Bad Krozingen, Todtmoos are fantastic. If you stay around that area (and Lake Titisee) you can't go wrong. Miles of twisting roads one after the other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    hi did ,black forest last year first night stopped in Aachen then road to Baden Baden via back roads and motorway ,night life in Baden Baden was good outdoor concerts etc ,if that's your thing stay near the town we stayed at a place called the Rebstock hotel on the outskirts nice but no evening meal which meant a 30 euro ride each way into town ,
    the roads up and around the area are fantastic undulating with some awesome sweeping bends and tight ones to boot had a great time
    if your using twat nav make sure to set it to avoid toll roads on way back mate s thing sent us into france straight on to toll road back into Germany back into france back to Germany up cycle paths (natives using it not impressed )Luxemburg ,Belgium (speed cameras about 1m high grey in colour set in centra resavations be aware )and finally back into france for the tunnel