Black Aftermarket Pipes And Cans?

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by kaivalagi, Jul 31, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kaivalagi

kaivalagi Member

Jul 31, 2013
    #1 kaivalagi, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    Hi All,

Just looking for info on pipes/cans if anyone can help?

I am not majorly keen on lots of chrome and am wondering if there are any aftermarket black pipes and cans available for the Thunderbird? I have a Storm on my short list for a cruiser and am wondering what options there are for it before I make a decision?

Can anyone point out any options that would fit? I love the stage 1 curved pipes on a Victory Hammer I demo'ed recently, something like those on a Thunderbird would be brill...

The other option is ceramic coating I guess, any ideas on costing for that and whether it can be done with a proper matt black finish?

2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi,

I could find anything available on the net but I do know that you can get different finishes in ceramic coatings, a good friend had her Ducati Streetfighters exhaust done I believe it waould cost around £150-250 ?

3. kaivalagi

kaivalagi Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Shot blasted, then coated and baked I assume? I might be in the market for S/H TORs shortly...

4. kaivalagi

kaivalagi Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Don't matter now, deposit down on a R3R!

5. Tom8336

Tom8336 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    London
    image.jpg I don't particularly like chrome either and was looking at ceramic coating mine, but in the mean time I've wrapped them with Titanium wrap. Looks ok I think and a little different.

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France

You could just paint your current exhaust system in black high temp paint - the same stuff they use on log-burners and flue pipes? Might cost £15 for a couple of cans?