Bizarre Facts About You

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stinger, Sep 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    I just thought i would share this nugget and wondered if anyone else would like to share something unusual about themselves.

Anyway here goes, much like plenty of people here i have more grey hair than any other colour. My mother was relatively old when she had me (and my twin sister) so it leads to this bizarre circumstance.

At the tail end of the nineteenth century ( i know, i know), my grandfather, consumed by wanderlust (actually escaping an ill-considered engagement) went to America in search of fortune.
    At the outbreak of WW1 he returned to try and do his bit for King and country with American wife and 2 children in tow.

Cut to the chase you rambling bufoon i hear you say.....

As my mother was born to a US citizen, regardless of location, before 1936, i can claim unobstructed US citizenship...........
    I can live, work in the US or have a US passport, claim dual or US citizenship. Looking at the world cup, my retirement from club rugby all those years ago might have been premature and i could have been an international..... (or perhaps as i already was, a fat cunt who didnt worry about getting hurt

But the downside is (sorry Ron)

IM FUCKIN ENGLISH!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Me too......but i have no idea who they are.;):imp:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    does it really matter??? We're all humans, big maybe on this forum. My dad did wwii and Korea. And why am i only 8 months younger than my sister? Why ask why?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I (currently) have an over the odds record of guessing the genetic sex of the in utero child. I tell the mother to be that I can “read their aura” and wave my hands mystically around the baby-belly (not touching), umming and ahhing appropriately, and then guess boy or girl...
    It started off as a laugh... but I’m remarkably successful, almost creepily so

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I can touch my thumbs to my fingers up and down my four fingers, but here's the bizarre part, I can have my right hand one finger ahead of my left hand!!! This isn't even slow or needing to be thought about I can do it whilst concentrate on other things :p

If your confused, try this. Touch your thumbs to your fore fingers on both hands. Now move your thumbs down together to touch your middle finger then down to ring finger then pinkie, now go back up to ring, then middle, then forefinger. Repeat this as fast as you can, up and down.

Now try with your right hand 'one finger ahead' of your left hand. :p

Don't ask me why or how I found out I can do this, just found myself doing it whilst bored at work:D So far I haven't met any other person that can do it:cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Usa
    I’m a little psychic. See I totally knew I was going to say that!!!!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I can wriggle/flap my ears.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I am an arsonist.
    At the age of 3, my mother ran a grocers shop. In those days counters were made of wood and people bought goods loose that were packed in paper bags. I set fire to a stack of paper bags that were stored under the counter. The fire brigade had to be called. I do not remember doing this, it was obviously a traumatic time for me. Immediately after this event, I was caught trying to set light to the coal in the coal bucket (allegedly).
    Also, I have always liked cooking. Around the age of five or six we had a ginger tom cat that was always scratching my legs, I hated that cat. I put it in the oven. Today I still like cooking but I do not use live animals.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    There's a name for that.

Dentopedology! You are a dentopedologist!

Me:-

I have a pen name. Robin W Anderson. I use it when writing for publication (not done it for a while... LR mags mostly)
    Its an anagram of my real name.

One morning (bear in mind I live in a reeeeemote area) about 07:00 there's a knock at the door. Scottish ambulance transport at the door. "Mr Anderson? Robin Anderson? Your hospital transport is here."

"Uuuuh? Wot? I'm not expecting hospital transport."

So the driver gets the paperwork. Yup, Robin Anderson. Strath Naver, though, not Strath Halladale. What's the odds?

Given the distance the driver had gone out of his way, safe to say Mr Anderson was late for his appointment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Not really. I'm as scruffy as a scruffy thing at a scruff convention. :) My clothes are usually so full of oil and grease they can stand up by themselves. Last time I washed a pair of overalls I ended up having to buy a new washing machine.

Howenever, not to worry, its pedologist, not peadologist.... Subtle difference in pronunciation ;). 'Tis a play with Latin, dento meaning teeth/mouth, and ped, meaning feet. An ologist is an expert in his field....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    How about we go for ancient Greek derivatives..

@Duckadiledundee is a Podostomiasistist.

Or a podostomiasistologist?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Bizarre fact about me... I like fracking about with words.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    It's where the word podiatrist comes from....

Ever wondered where hobbits came from? A cross between a hobo and a rabbit? Eeeewwww.

I'd not like to have a dna test done. I'm probably mostly ferret and tink.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well I believe in fairy's now before you lot tear me to bits. It the little Starlite fluttering type. And I believe in Guarding Angles and have seen them in some instances. ( please don't lock me back in my room nurse. ). But if I feel someone needs the extra strength I ask one of my little Fairies to help them out by sitting on their shoulder. Am I mad or deluded but it works.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I lost my Dad over 20 years ago. But, if I can't find something I can ask him where it is, and it usually turns up very soon after. Always say 'thanks dad'.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Big Sandy
    I am with you 100% on that. You know I had a signet that stayed on my finger all through my army day and seven years of marriage to my Claire. She always ask me for it and I said you give me yours and we will swap which she refused. On the day of her burial strangely her Mother said Joe where's your ring surprised I said must have come of in the bath this morning. So after the drinks and waffle her Mum and I searched every where no ring. Her Mum opened the door and said Claire Joe wants his ring you would not swap so that's not fair. Next morning I went down to the kitchen sitting by the kettle in plain view was the ring. As true as the breath I breath. Some years later Tracy seen the ring and said that's a lovely ring why don't you wear it. I replied not sure you have it. She never even got to put it on her finger by the time she got home it was gone. I did say to her not to bother searching as I knew where the ring had gone. And I don't think it will be given back this time but you never know if she is listening. And yes I do think sometime Dad I can't fix this and strangely seem to see a simple way to do it.
    God Bless
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Duckadiledundee.
    Tinkerbell has never visited me but I to admire her and nothing wrong with that. It makes us sane and decent blokes.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    BS1984
    With you 100% on the beliefs. It makes us strong. I still believe in God but think he got a few things wrong and is a bit hard at times but he cares and gives us the freedom to make our beliefs become reality.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Is that the Julia Roberts variety?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    There's a school of thought that it's not what you believe in, but how you believe in it.

• Agree Agree x 3