Bits & Bobs (led Signals And Tail Tidy)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Samuel F, Jan 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Hello guys !

I know I don't show up my mug very often, only coming when in need of help, which is what a forum is also made for but doesn't build a strong sense of community. Still.

2 little questions as I'm getting new parts.

1. I'm getting a tail tidy. I heard rumours about this part not being at the right angle for UK legislation. Apparently, people need to bend the plate holder to conform to the UK law. Does anyone know anything about that?

2. I'm getting new signals. Tired of these plasticky Triumph horrors... So I'm going "minimalistic" a.f. and going for the Motogadget M.Blaze pins. It says in the description that they need a load resistors /flasher relays to be able to work properly with the 2015 T100 Black (as they are LED). Does anyone know anything about that, true / false / yes / no / better product elsewhere / what does it do. Just want to know what I'm paying for, and as much as I can, to understand what I'm doing there.

Cheers Gentlemen !

2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Samuel nice to have you back once more, :cool: maybe you should introduce yourself in the NEWBIE section again :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Only messing with ya, good to have you back, sure someone will answer your question shortly :heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow

Maybe I should after winter!
    hahaha. That said, this year my first ride was on the 1st of January Pretty chuffed about that.

Good to hear from you too Tez !

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: Bloody hell....hello stranger :p
    Don’t know about the tail tidy but when I changed the indicators on my BPOS I had to get an adjustable relay to make them work :)

You going to the GMU?
    It’s at Bellingham again this year :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Billy, long time no speak??!! For the indicators you will need to change the flasher relay for one that works with LED indicators.

To locate the relay, turn ignition on put your indicators on and listen for the regular 'ticking' sound - it's usually under the lh side panel but the sound will guide you.

Take the old relay out, plug the new one in and you're good to go............

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...ndicator+relay+for+Triumph+motorbike&_sacat=0

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Samuel, that’s the same tail tidy as I have on my thruxton and it’s been through 2 mots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Thanks guys ! That helps !

I don't know about the GMU yet, tbh, I'm trying to move back to france and I have constant weddings and shit alike, I'll keep you posted !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    l
    Thanks for the feedback !

9. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    There leaving like rats from a sinking ship :eek::eek::D:D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Damn straight....
    Although, moving from Brexit to "let's shoot on the crowd - France" I'm not sure it's a total win...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #11 TEZ 217, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    I'm very sure wherever you are sam you'll be oK you have the gift of the gab.

PS - before you ask Sam (gift of the gab - means your a man of many beautiful words, that would get you out of any difficult situation or even - ( START A MOTORCYCLE ) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Apparently the Gendarmes have started use what we used in Northern Ireland, a version of rubber bullets. If you see the violence aimed at them you can understand they need something to protect themselves with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Yes, they are shooting rubber pellets shot at 300km/h at Protestants. There's more than 94 severe injury / permanent amputations reported, and more than 500 wounded in 2-3 months. (eyes torn off, hands torn off, permanent trachea damage etc etc... ) We're the only country refusing to obey's EU ban on these weapons.

14. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    That's very interesting sam. I never knew that to be honest.

15. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Yes but the vast majority of the 500+ injuries and 10 deaths occurred before the gendarmes started using the "Flash ball" riots rifles.

I have 2 main thoughts about the Gillets jaunes protests:

1. In these days of Twigger, Faceache etc etc there is no need to to get out on the streets and hold the country to ransom. If the same amount of protesters were to e-mail their representatives on a daily basis there would have Millions of messages bombarding the government. No disruptions to the public, no deaths and injuries, no confrontations between the forces of law and order, the Gillets Jaunes and the far right.

2. The Gillets Jaunes started out with a complaint about the rise in the price of fuel; this evolved into a range against the cost of living. They have achieved all that they asked for, but continue to complain. The have won - and still they complain.

They gave a wonderful umbrella under which the far right could hide, riot and destroy one of the most beautiful cities in the world, the videos flooding round the world in seconds, damaging the tourism up to and including Christmas.

Many business were hit hard before Christmas losing between 50 - 80% of their trade during the riots, some have failed and employees have lost their jobs.

We need to use all of the communication channels available not just the "storming the barricades" mentality, to alter government policy and MP/Senator/Deputy actions.

16. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    I have received all the parts...
    Now... Fixing it all up. The electricity part is daunting, I will ask Dan to do it for me... Ain't no youtube tutorials I could find.

What should I change next ? :p
    I want new sound for my babe, that's for sure. But my personal preference, the Gaser custom t100 exhaust has quite the hefty price, plus import.

17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Cocktail shakers :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Define extreme ?
    @dili did you talk about them somewhere ?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    They'll be doing that here if Brexit doesn't happen:)

• Agree Agree x 1