Bikers Best Chat (or Bbc)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Thripster, Jun 14, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    #1 Thripster, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    This is probably of interest for UK members only and may have been discussed here before but has anybody else noted how left leaning the BBC is? It is not only that (a) the majority of their journalists are from a left wing background which influences questions asked at Farce Time (Coronvirus Update Shit Show or CUSS for short) but that (b) programme placement and timings are seen to be orchestrated to maximise the anti-regime stance. Remember that Kuessenburg deliberately plants loaded questions at the her victims. It is not only her though - all of them are at it. The way I see it is that most do not like the result of the Brexit referendum and so will say/do anything to undermine this government. This government is not perfect but at least they are trying to be positive under very trying conditions. The reporting is so negative. All stories on the box and on the website.

The extent of this 'knocking establishment' reporting/questioning/programme type and scheduling over the years leads me to seriously wonder whether it has been infiltrated by a foreign power. Youngsters might think that it is representative and fairly innocuous but, take it from me, it isn't. The Beeb is now producing dangerous (ie: trouble making) left leaning drivel which is not representative of the silent majority in this country. Even in seemingly innocent programs they manage to plant political messages such as in Countryfile or Springwatch.

The faster the Beeb is broken up and made to compete, the better. That is my opinion. It may start with the new Director General - we will see. Otherwise, it is time for a mass 'Stop paying the licence fee' petition.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    To me the bbc is rotten to the core.

The media in this country have to much power/influence with a lot of the reporting orchestrated.
    They certainly don’t report an unbiased view.

• Agree Agree x 19
  3. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Somebody coined the phrase recently on here,

Broadcasting Bullsh*t Constantly. Very apt. I got that fed up with it I no longer watch any BBC news or current affairs programming they put out.

Hear, hear with the license. Abolish it.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    You can’t stop paying your tv license just because you don’t like the questions Laura kuenssberg asks,I for one by and large am glad that the press in this country are free to investigate and print things, would we we have known about that lying cunt Dominic Cummings without the press or Prince Andrew and his paedophile friends? I don’t think so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I am all for a free press, my issue is that they no longer report the facts of a story they sensationalise, put a political spin on it and try and cause as much outrage as possible to keep the story momentum going. This in turn causes people to hate, abuse and generally have a negative effect on our lives : unamused:: unamused:
    Part of the problem I believe was when we moved to 24 hour news and they all of a sudden had to pad stuff out to fill their broadcast time. They will find experts who meet their agenda and deride those who have a differing opinion using bullying and aggressive questioning and tactics that are not subjective or warranted :mad::mad:
    I think the problem people have with the BBC is that it is at least in part funded by a form of taxation (TV licence) and if people are paying for the privilege(?) of having and watching them then they should be the most impartial and fact only news broadcast corporation :cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 17
  6. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    The BBC was admired by the whole world for their high standard of content. Now it's run by the same crew as the liberal and labour parties, shoving their anti British propaganda down the throats of anybody stupid enough to watch it.
    The TV licence fee and road tax are both archaic ways of taxing us in a very unfair way. They should both be pay to view or drive. Not levied on potential use.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    This is an example of the type of reporting and shown on the bbc.

I had just got in from walking my dogs and eating my breakfast as I watched the the 7am bbc news.

They were reporting on the on the South Asia floods in 2007 and their report has stuck in my mind ever since.
    They showed a elderly Asian man who appeared to be wading through chest deep muddy water,on top of his head he had what I assumed were his worldly goods wrapped in a blanket.
    As he got nearer the camera he slightly nodded his head and then stood up,the water was not up to his knees.
    He must have been wading through the water on his knees,I can only assume it was for the bbc reporters/cameras.
    I thought I’d watch this report again at lunch time as I couldn’t believe what I’d seen,but the bbc didn’t show it again.

So the type of reporting that we see today is nothing new,its been going on for years.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I must be in the minority, I like the BBC
    yes it has its issues of leaning to the left which has always been there and I take that into account whenever I watch anything on there, unless I’m watching country file or spring watch which I’ve never seen anything vaguely political on:)
    I also like Laura Kuennsberg (?) her job is to ask loaded and probing questions to get a response that informs us about the topic she’s reporting on - the interviewees aren’t victims they are usually public figures who have to account for their actions
    If there’s ever a major event in the world the BBC is always my first port of call:)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I think the main grievance most of you have is that the reporting isn’t going your way not that it’s sensationalised, the conservatives are in power that’s why there taking so much flack, mainly because there such an easy target because they’re leader is a lying twat plain and simple, is there anyone on here who disagrees with that? .

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #10 MadMrB, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    The BBC are disgusting and dangerous.

They covered up for the paedophile Jimmy Saville for years.
    They refused to report on the paedophile grooming gangs.
    They regularly present Labour activists as independent contributors or experts, without disclosing their political past or allegences.
    They populate their current affairs and political programmes with Labour activists, trying to pass them off as ordinary members of the public.

They regularly lie and misslead, editing input from guests and contributors to totally change the context and meaning.

Here are an ex BBC reporter, and another reporter who has also worked for the BBC, talking about the corruption in the BBC, specifically the staged and fake reporting of White Helmets and fake attacks in Syria:

https://bbcpanoramasavingsyriaschildren.wordpress.com/

This is the BBCs fake Panorama Euro 2012 racism programme: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tacked-sensationalist-euro-2012-racism-claims - where contributers said their interviews were heavily edited to totally change the context and meaning.

And then this is John Sweeney, Panoramas ex top reporter, spending licence fee payers money, being racist and homophobic, and trying to fit up Tommy Robinson with a false sexual abuse claim.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The only lying twats are the bbc,,,Read my post no:8 above.

It looks like they’ve brain washed some peeps already.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I am not brain washed my minds open, your the ones with the extreme views I just questioned them and you don’t like it, I won’t be brow beaten into what I should or shouldn’t think, I know first hand how the press can be as I did 1 year on strike during the miners strike and the press crucified us but by and large I back them as we’d be in a poor place without them. Dozers dad your right there’s enough of this chat on the forum so I’ll leave it now.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    No need to get uppity. I stated that in my opinion, the BBC is not a NEWS service but a speculation service with a left leaning agenda and seriously wonder whether it has been taken over by a marxist mob. I don't think that is an extreme view and nor does it warrant the bile. But that highlights my point - you raise a point and get shouted down......well, for the record it isn't working. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Can I agree my own post?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    No mate but you reply to it and write agree :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Understand DD. Don't want a virtual brick through my virtual windscreen, do I?

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Be wary of that video. Having posted it, I can find no mention of Sir Richard Sandbrook by completing a Google search for his name. So it could be a spoof?

19. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Thanks MadMrB

• Like Like x 1