Bike you most regret selling

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard H, Jan 15, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Have nicked this from the Ducati UK forum (had a brief relationship with a 1198 Multistrada that ended in a bitter divorce!)
    Anyway no regrets on selling the Ducati but the bike I still wish was in my garage is my Yamaha RD 250 LC. Had it in 1981/ 82 and was just mega. The sound, the power band, the 2 stroke smell was fantastic and you could ride it on L plates :eek:

Keep looking on e bay and in the classifieds but they fetch big money now..... More than I remember paying new! Would probably go for a 350 now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    My first go on a "big bike" was a yam 250. A mate i was pestering said ok, but take yur time. :eek: I proped my fizzy against the wall (engine still glowing cherry red from the chip shop thrash) cocked my leg over the yam and rode around the corner and then nailed it to the stop on an A road :biggrin: I still had a few months to go before being 17 years old and moving on to my 250. not a yam alas but a honda 250 g5. at a much later date I owned a air cooled yam 400 in yellow with black speed stripe. still have pics of that. will have to scan them.

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    img018.jpg

Me and my FS1E 1980, first road bike at 16. Had field bikes before that to ride on the farm mostly C90's and a Lambretta!

img018.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. flapinflares

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    :upyeah: Excelent pic of your bhaja brown fiz. I will post one of my fizz as soon as i find it

• Like Like x 1
  5. flapinflares

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    If this works ..heres a pic of me at 16 with my candy gold 73 fizz and a pic of a 73 candy gold I bought last year. check out the big hair and FLAPPING FLARES! fizz 1.jpg fizz2.jpg

fizz 1.jpg

fizz2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Very nice, there is something about your first bike. I keep on the lookout for a good doer upper but ones that need work appear to still go for big cash. After a push bike the old fizzer felt like a rocket ship although hills were a challenge for it (me being a big un!)

• Like Like x 2
  7. flapinflares

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    yes Rich, the peds did seem fast after a push bike. But they dont nearly 40 years later after owning some big stuff. still love the fizzys. in the owners club. and yes your right buy restored it cheaper in the end:upyeah:

8. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    My mate and I both had one, we spent the weekends filling and polishing the ports to try and extract a little more power, he was always in front though..... 4 stone lighter helped. Think I seized it up a couple of times and ended up reboring and putting in an oversize piston.
    Another pal had a Honda SS 50, well it wasn't a 50 as we took the piston and barrel off a C 70 cub and fitted it on the SS worked great! Fun times :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. wilkie

wilkie Member

May 16, 2012
    IMG_0123.jpg

My first big bike, wish i'd kept her :rolleyes:

IMG_0123.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Doctordeano

Doctordeano Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Hertfordshire
    I regret selling my Triumph Daytona 650. I loved that bike and when the dealer came to collect it he dropped it loading it on the trailer and wrote it off. Traded it in for a Ducati 1098 but would have preferred to have kept the Daytona...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Must have been heartbreaking seeing that happen to the Triumph even if the machine was sold. I heard my beloved LC got written off by a youth about a week after buying it, inserted it into the back of a Transit van without opening the doors. :frown:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Doctordeano

Doctordeano Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Hertfordshire
    I wish I could have kept the 650 and brought the 1098 buy that's life!
    I think I would buy another as it was such a rideable bike. Never happy with what I have I get bored after about a year and want to change.

13. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Here was my last Mistress........the MV! The 998 was the other mistress :(

my 998.jpg my mv.jpg

my 998.jpg

my mv.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Both great looking machines

• Like Like x 1
  15. Smurf

Smurf New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Notts
    My 350LC, sold it back in 89 as the other half at the time wanted a better car, fool as as I was I gave in, missed bikes again bought another one found a new girlfriend who loved bikes.
    The old LC is still being taxed as well and I bet its worth more than the £700 I sold it for.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    I don't regret selling any, they were all a learning curve which have lead me to my super speed triple :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. jimlowe

jimlowe Member

Mar 14, 2013
    bideford Devon
    All of them:frown:

• Like Like x 2
  18. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    All the past bikes are missed for various reasons & in an ideal world i would of kept them all, but if i was to name one that i wish i had kept it would have to be this one.........

[​IMG]

She was nursed back from the almost dead, stripped, cleaned, bits painted, bits replaced. She was a snappy dresser & all round good egg.... Loved her!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Big Paul

Big Paul New Member

Mar 28, 2013
    My brand new YAM FSIE in the 70,s reg no GKD 316N I bought for £199.99, one went for sale in a local shop recen
    ntly £2200 !!!! also my BMW R90S 1980 similar one went recently for £9000, what a great couple of investments they would have been !!!

20. Batey74

Batey74 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    Mine would be my 94 blade, it was mint... image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2