Featured Bike Theft Spoilt :-)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by R_1000, Jun 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I came home last night around 1am from a ride. As I turned into my street I saw 5 lads all hooded up trying to steal a scooter. I went straight home (stone throw away from where the crime was taking place) parked my bike and ran back to the street and found those parasites. I screamed at the top of my lungs and just ran straight to them. They panicked dropped the scooter on the floor and took off. Called the police and they bought in a dog unit. Apparently they think they may have caught one.

I was told it was silly to run up to 5 blokes looking for a fight as they might have been armed. I was just so angry they are trying to steal something and I just went for it. Agree....it could have gone bad for me. But hey.....had I not done anything then it would have eaten me up forever.

It all ended well.....one scooter saved....

Keep your eyes peeled out there and don't let these parasites get away.

• Like Like x 33
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Love You Love You x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Good man, shame more people don’t get stuck in. They’d rather stand and do fuck all except video it and put it on YouTube. Well done.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Well done you mate :cool:
    I’ve done similar stuff in the past....can’t just stand by :triumph:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Thank you all. I am not brave or anything like that but I just cannot stand idle when something bad is happening. The funny thing is I'm glad when they legged it otherwise I probably would have been at the receiving end. But that's OK with me knowing in my heart that I tried to do the right thing. I'm glad the owner still has his scooter. The police called me today and asked if I knew of any CCTVs. There are couple on my street and it definitely would have covered these scums running. I have passed the details over to the officers. Let's just hope they make an effort to identify these parasites.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Fair play mate, brave thing to do, glad it ended well & a theft was foiled, all we need is for the rest of the population to do the same & thieving scum might think twice!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Good one, you definitely did the right thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    well done mate, glad it ended safely for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pete Farrell

Pete Farrell Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Lancashire
    You should be given the OBE that,hopefully, will now not be given to that useless tosspot who was in charge of Northern (I think) rail.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice one, I'm sure the owner was well pleased.....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Thank you all. I'm certain each and every one of you would have dealt with this the same way. I know that none of you will ignore a crime and walk on by.

It was 1am with poor lighting and dead quiet street. I came out of nowhere screaming and running towards them just freaked them out. I mean these guys were fit.....they were bloody fast. They bloody took off down the streets disappeared in matter of seconds!

When I pulled out my mobile to call the police, I realised my hands were shaking from adrenaline.

• Like Like x 3
  11. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Stan Field

Stan Field Member

May 6, 2018
    Bristol, UK
    Well done Sir, running at them was a smart move, always puts the crap up those cowardly little oiks, and as has been said, it's a shame more people don't confront these retards but with the increase in weapons carrying its dodgy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Hats off to you mate, too many of these scumbags getting away with it, glad it was a good outcome for yourself and the scooter owner.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Jamie101

Jamie101 New Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Dumfries and Galloway
    Well done mate, shame you didn’t get any boot to head action, sometimes it’s all these scum bags understand. Good on you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Maesteg, South Wales
    Well done fella, shame is if you'd had a lump of 2 by 2 and clumped one of them you'd be incarcerated just now and they'd be quick enough taking you all the way through the courts. System's fu6ked!

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Maesteg, South Wales
    I liked that story, you must be very good at writing stories like that as I almost believed it all. Well done ;)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  17. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #16 R_1000, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Brilliant work of art.....what a superb story. Sometimes I just feel we are too civilised and our kindness is looked upon as a weakness. I don't like fighting and I truly believe in live and let live. But when scums like these are living off other people's tears then that is something I find very hard to ignore. If we all make a choice saying.....not our problem.....then one day the very same problem will become ours too.

• Like Like x 3
  18. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I understand what you are saying. Especially at 1AM and nobody about and things could have gone pretty bad for me. But for me....it was a reaction fuelled with anger and I went for it.

Would I do it again.......If I can't think of an intelligent way to stop the crime then Yes, I will charge. Some may call me stupid but for me.....the pain and guilt of walking away ignoring the wrongs is far more painful.

• Like Like x 1
  19. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    About 15 years ago I was in a shop in Highbury & Islinghton. I saw 2 guys stealing a wine bottle. As they were about to walk out I asked them if they would like to pay for the bottle under their jacket. The shop keeper called the police. Next thing I know was one of the guy took a swing at me and it connected on my left eye and started feeling dizzy. I grabbed him and took him down to the floor hammering as best I could but was getting kicked by the other guy good and propper. Couple of bouncers across the road from the pub saw what was happening and came rushing but the guys legged it. I had to be taken to the Whitington hospital and was told my retina almost got detached.

Yes I was worried, scared but I did not for one second think that I will never get involved in the future. I was picked up by my mum from the hospital and she said....well done son.....the greatest evil is for good men to do nothing.

Going forward I will be intelligent about it but do everything I can to stop the wrong from happening.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Maesteg, South Wales
    #19 Exuptoy, Jun 13, 2018
    So next time, have your helmet and jacket on as they are substantial and take a baseball bat with you, approach quietly and drop as many as you can.:D

• Like Like x 1
  21. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #20 R_1000, Jun 13, 2018
    Or even better......lets all get together. Catch these guys in the act. Then think what Mr X would have done ;) And ofcourse follow it through :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1