Bike Security

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Drew82, Aug 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Drew82

Drew82 New Member

Aug 22, 2020
    Grangemouth
    What you guys all use to keep your pride and joy safe?

mown a 2016 striple. Unsure if it comes with a manufacturers alarm/immobiliser, find out when it arrives on Tuesday.

I had an Oxford boss disc alarm 14mm on my previous bike and just wondering if that will will be safe enough?

Bike is kept in my back garden/private car park so can’t use ground anchoring systems. Any recommendations? A portable option might be preferable so nothing at 10kg!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Locked in the garage with good quality disc locks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Locked in garage, alarmed Oxford disk lock, ground anchor and chain, motion activated lights inside garage and outside over the door, plus a security camera. Thinking of getting a beefed up lock for the garage door as well.

Am I paranoid? :confused::p

• Like Like x 6
  4. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    At home chained to a cement post under cover in secured garden - if anyone’s nuts enough to smash down the 6 foot fences and pull out the post or cut the chain, they’re probably going to get it whatever I do!!
    When out I use a decent bright yellow disc lock

• Like Like x 6
  5. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Yes, so I don’t forget it’s there:cool:
    And clearly no self respecting bike thief would ever steal a bike with a yellow disc lock;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Might be worth thinking about a tracker.....eg: Monimoto

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    My 2002 trophy has an alarm fitted that switches on automatically. At work I used an abus granite U-lock through the front disc and a mini U-lock on the back disc.
    At home it's in a garage, sometimes I add the abus granite and some disc locks or my spare Abus U-Lock but not always.
    On my travels I use 3 disc locks, a mini-U on the front along with one of those flat versions with a pin that goes through the disc. Then a mini-U lock on the back. I used to carry the Abus Granite with me all the time but have stopped doing that, these 3 locks all fit under the seat so easy to transport.
    I figure a few different types of locks is better than a big one having read how the bigger U locks are susceptible to a small hydraulic jack attack.
    My locks are all getting on and I was just considering the pragmasis roundlock rl21 which was recently tested by bennets and the tester seemed impressed without it costing the earth. Bennets have got some good ideas on their site with quite a few locks tested to destruction.

• Like Like x 4