Featured Bike Motor Works Northampton (actually Grendon Village)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Biker Jock, Jan 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I discovered this guy (Ian Joyce) a couple of years ago, when I was looking for someone to replace the exhaust head studs in my R1200S. They were in a horrible rusty state, and no one wanted to touch them for fear of snapping them off. I went from one recommended person to another, until the guy who does my bike MoTs (no mate, I'm not touching them) recommended a new start-up, ex BMW service manager, Ian Joyce.

So I gave him a call and explained the problem. "Can you get here before 3pm?", he asked, "I need to go out at 3:15." Thinking he meant drop it off and I'll work on it, I said I'd arrange for my wife to follow me out in the car. "No need.", he said, "I'll do it there and then."

And he did. "Done hundreds and hardly ever snap them.", he said. Old studs out, new studs in, £10 in the coffee fund, 15 minutes start to finish. So I always go to him for the BMW servicing now, but he does do all makes.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    he sounds like a great bloke, every town should have one. would save me some bloodied knuckles and loud expletives :laughing::laughing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    I can highly recommend Ian, especially on the Beemers but as said he does all makes.

• Like Like x 3