675 Bike Charging Troubles! Relay?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Cviji, Feb 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cviji

Cviji New Member

Aug 22, 2020
    Kendal
    Hey all,

Long old story short! me and the 2016 675 got involved in a little sliding down the road on our sides action.. Thought she was all fixed up until first ride back out and she died on me, with what looks to be charging problems. Bike went down on the left side so potential stator problem is a possibility.

Voltage when running down at 12.08v so definitely not getting any juice, checked the main 30amp fuse and all good.

One thing strange that I've noticed I look to be missing a relay? Can anyone confirm? and if so what Relay should be here?

Any help GREATLY appreciated!!

Pic Link: https://ibb.co/9V1GCG5

[​IMG]

2. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Hi, not sure a missing relay can cause any drop in voltage.
    I would concentrate on the stator and rectifier/regulator testing.

3. Cviji

Cviji New Member

Aug 22, 2020
    Kendal
    Thanks!

I've replaced the relay, and diagnosed that I believe it to be a faulty alternator, so I've purchased a new one. Only issue that has arisen is getting at the connectors, the one that goes to the rectifier is just about accessible, however the small red connector, ABS sensor I believe I haven't a scooby where this goes. Has anyone done this? is it easier to cut and connect up the wires rather than trying to remove half the bike to find the plug?

Any help would be fantastic.

• Like Like x 1