675 Best Upgrades For A 2011 Street Triple 675 R?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dominic Jones, Dec 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dominic Jones

Dominic Jones New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    UK
    Hey folks,

I've just brought my first Triumph, the Street Triple R 2011, in phantom black & gold. (No pics yet, its in desperate need of a clean)

I've not passed my test yet so I've not ridden it, I'm going to have a mechanic check it over next week, give it a service etc. make sure its all good.

After that, if there's no surprises or major work that needs doing, I'd like to start upgrading a few things, starting with:

Chain & sprockets - I was thinking of the Supersprox Gold, X Ring Gold chain & Renthal front sprocket kit.
    Tyres - Commuting in all weather so need to be an all rounder?
    Tail tidy - I have dual under seat exhausts, and could do with new indicators and a rear light unit too, so maybe an integrated unit?
    Mirrors - Genuine bar end ones are too expensive.....
    Levers - Some gold ones :cool:

If anyone has any suggestions?

I already have aftermarket exhausts fitted, dual underseat Leo Vince GP's, and some carbon fibre heel plates.

Just ordered the genuine tinted flyscreen and a cheap carbon belly pan that was being sold as a second for £65, had some lights scuffs which polished out quite well.

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Get the suspension set up professionally unless you know what you are doing
    Levers - there is a mixed feeling with cheap Chinese ones on eBay. If funds allow then get a reputable levers
    Tires - ensure to get decent tires
    Bar-End Mirrors - Try 3 pistons
    Triumph LED indicators
    If you already have the exhaust, get Triumph dealership to install a map. They should cost you around £60. Pricing is different from dealer to dealer