best oil

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by louis e gencarelli, Sep 7, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. louis e gencarelli

louis e gencarelli New Member

Sep 5, 2016
    ct
    Could anybody suggest a good oil for 2015 triumph tiger explorer..

2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #2 Havit, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Oil specs listed by Triumph: "Semi or fully synthetic 10W40 or 15W50 Motorbike Oil which meets specification API SH (or higher) and meets JASO MA, such as Mobile 1 Racing 4T".

Triumph also recommends Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10W/40 or 10W/50 (fully

synthetic) engine oil, sold as Castrol Power RS Racing 4T 10W/40 or 10W/50 (fully synthetic) in some

countries

Fill quantity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.2 litres (oil and filter change). Always refer to the dipstick/filler plug markings for correct level

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    These days I use Halfords own 5w40 fully synthetic bike engine oil (typical tight fisted Yorkshireman I am!:p) which comes in a 5ltr bottle at a similar price or less than other 'branded' oils in a 4ltr bottle. Never had any sort of problem with it.:cool:
    It is, according to a sales assistant at Halfords' Selby branch, made by Motul, so there should be no problems with quality or suitability. :)

4. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Could be worse .... could be a tyre thread!:eek:

Or better/worse still, a thread relating to Triumph motorcycles!!:confused::oops:

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Nah .... some people are beyond redemption.:( Anyway, if Mr Smilinjack doesn't have the necessary physical attributes, i.e. short arms and deep pockets:eek:, how could he ever be turned into even the poorest likeness of a Yorkshireman?:) My old mum (Yorkshire born and bred) had a great philosophy - if someone wants to give you something, accept it and worry about what you are going to do with it later. Very wise, methinks!:)

Meanwhile, I shall merely go on my merry way, happily enjoying the warm internal glow resulting from the joy of knowing that I've saved myself a few quid on the purchase of a necessary item designed to protect my P & J to the highest level. And yes, I have used genuine Motul, Motorex, Mobil, Silkolene, Shell and Castrol oils, and none seem any better than Halfords.

I know other people will have different opinions to my own.:rolleyes: This I do not have a problem with.:cool: Let's face it, they have every right to be wrong!!:p:D

• Like Like x 4