Best Decat H-pipe For The Street Scrambler?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by lliden, Oct 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. lliden

lliden New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Portland
    Hi Folks. I have a 2019 Triumph Street Scrambler, and I plan on replacing the stock catalytic converter with an h-pipe. Don't want to cut out the catalytic converter so I can return it to stock if required. My question is: who makes the best h-pipe for the SS? One that will still use all the stock heat shields. Thanks in advance...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    lliden.
    There are a few out there. What is recommended is one that fixed exactly as the oem one as some can become loose or break if they have less securing points. But my 900 I just changed the cans and removed the snorkel and it sounds lovely. I just left the oem cat on there. Some of the peeps on here say its knuckle busting work to fit them. Welcome to the Family by the way if I have missed you.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe

3. lliden

lliden New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Portland
    Thanks Joe. I'm not as concerned about the sound, but the heat that the stock cat generates/retains. I like the stock mufflers, just want to remove the cat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    LLiden.
    Nothing wrong wit that. My 900 doesn't get al that hot. As I say a lot of people on here have done the mod and are happy with it so I guess someone will come to lend a hand soon.
    Regards
    Joe.

5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Free Spirits seem to dominate with the H pipe, pricey as are all Free Spirits parts, but well made. There is a UK site (Squaredeals.co.uk) who sell Westlake which is most likely some Chinese products for £150, given your in Portland Oregon may cost as much to ship. You may find it easier/cheaper to buy the Vance & Hines pipe which deletes the cat.

British Customs do a decent one
    Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 14.21.53.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lliden

lliden New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Portland
    Thanks Repooh. I want to keep the stock mufflers, love their look and sound. So it sounds like the Free Spirits option might be the best de-cat option for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zippyrider

Zippyrider New Member

Jun 27, 2020
    England
    I fitted a tec parts decat on my old 900 scrambler and it took me less than an hour to fit,I did order copper gaskets for the cylinder head joint though,go ahead and do it,the sound is lovely