Best Breakfast Ride-Out Venues

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rich Bryce, Jan 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    The Super Sausage Cafe round our way is in the Guardian's top 50 breakfast places. Not surprising really since it's won national awards. Anyway, I guess we North Home County bikers can expect it to get even busier now with middle-class, Guardian-reading, anti-Brexit, tory-hating, bleeding-heart liberals ,,, just like me then ;)
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jan/15/50-best-breakfasts-uk

• Like Like x 1
  2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Crikey wtg, vent your spleen and recommend a breakfast place :)
    One of the best round here is Sam's Café at A&D Motorbikes. Good amount for the price, reasonable quality (just not award winning sausages :) )
    Another good one is the Chester Harley Dealer but that's a van rather than a café. Doubt the oiks in the dealership would like it if you were eating whilst inside but then they aren't the friendliest of biker dealerships.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Rich, having lived both in Bedford and Northampton I've sampled the products from the Super sausage, the Giggleing sausage and the other versions of the Sausage chain. They're all good and great value.

4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Hey Dave, a Bedfordian and Northamptonian :bigthumbsupemoticon: Good lad. Me, I'm original Corby scum.

5. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    The only problem I've ever had with the Super Sausage is getting through the bloody door.It's usually queued half way across the car park.
    I tend to use Jacks Hill,the foods not as good but at least you can get some.
    I'll look into the one in Northampton Jez,think I might be spending some time over there soon ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #6 Rich Bryce, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    No idea about the two Super Sausage cafes in Northampton. I know the Truck Stop one isn't much admired, but the one at Pottersbury on Watling Street A5, which is on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, is independent as far as I can tell, and also gets tons of great reviews on Trip Advisor, and is a favourite venue for the local ride-out group. The food my mate and I had was good quality, generous portions (he's a huge bloke and couldn't finish his Cumberland sausage meal) and good value, albeit I only had a mug of strong char and a bacon sandwich with thick and tasty rashers. The place was rammed this brunch/lunchtime we went.

Give it a try Jez and see what you think. Def got the stall in Gambrel (?) Road on the list. We're always on the look out for a good breakfast cafe. If there's a nice day during this week coming we will get over there. To save me faffing around riding up and down looking for him, which shop is he near? I can look on Google Earth then.
    [​IMG]

On the down side you might have to have a rumble with the local skinheads.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    There's something called The Best Cafe Award, which is a Joe-Public vote. Super Sausage A5 Pottersbury won it in 2016. So I doubt it's comparable to the ones in Northampton. The current owners bought it in 2009. It used to be called Nelson Cafe way back in the day apparently. According the their web page anyway.

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Jez, just sent you a pm with my phone number. Looking at Weds or Thurs to get over to Northampton.

9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Bacon needs a lot more cooking for my taste :p:p

10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Mine's most likely a bacon butty and strong black tea. Thursday is still in the diary so long as the weather holds up. Be a chance to try out my new winter textile.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:p:p

12. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    That burger picture reminded me of a butty van in the big layby at the side of the A7 between Carlisle and Longtown (just before L/town). Double burger plus cheese, plus egg, plus fried onions. And the bread cake wasn't small either! All that plus a cup of tea to wash it all down.:D
    That was a decent breakfast that was.:)
    Must be over 4 years since I last called there. Nice young couple used to run it.
    Oh the life on the open road with a big 500hp Mercedes Actros.:eek::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yes your correct Jez didnt realise there was onions as well, breakfast looks nice though :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. jonesy

jonesy Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    worcestershire
    Aun'tea' ritas tea shop in Flyford flaval. Not a greasy spoon and not a destination but nice place to stop for breakfast on route to or tea and cake on your way home.

15. Hobbit

Hobbit New Member

Dec 26, 2016
    East Yorkshire
    Eastcoastmotorcycles cafe at Hutton Cranswick, sunny East Yorkshire mmmmmmmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  16. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    There's one for the memory banks! Usually Seaways, or fish and chips at Brid!:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I can feel the weight on me already :oops::D

18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Boyish or OH BOY ish :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Where do you keep that boyish figure then Jez, in a cupboard back home ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  20. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Stuffed in the back of a wardrobe as it don't fit him these days, :D:D

• Like Like x 2