Bennett’s And Special Editions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cliverdee, Mar 28, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    I was very surprised when I contacted Bennett’s for a quote that they didn’t have the Street Scrambler ‘Sandstorm’ edition on their system, so couldn’t offer insurance without referring it first to their Referral Team. They apparently will take at least 3 days to get back to me with an answer. The call handler said the only Special Edition he could see on his list was a Steve McQueen Scrambler… so wonder if anyone with a Special Edition bike has had similar trouble getting a quote from them for the same reason that the bike isn’t on their system. I’ve been with Hastings for the past few years but was less than impressed last year when the call handler said they knew nothing about about bikes and thought heated grips were something you stuck in your hair to keep warm. .. Assumed Bennett’s would have their fingers on all the buttons but apparently not :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Just tell them it's Street Scrambler with a different coloured tank. My insurer hadn't heard of a Goldline Edition when I bought mine but when I explained it was basically the same spec bike they'd just payed me out on it wasn't a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cliverdee

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Not got reply from Bennett’s yet but when I was talking to them I said the Sandstorm was just a tarted up standard one with a few bits like the sump guard, different rear end & front mudguards…plus the different paint job … but there was a lot of humming & hawing with them eventually saying I could insure it as a standard one but it might not be covered as it’s not on their list of bikes … my risk ! … but not the type of risk I take with insurance. .. I’ll wait til tomorrow to hear but if they don’t get in touch I’ll go back to Hastings asking them to match the Bennett’s quote… I was planning on asking advice from the forum on insurers but have run out of time this year . .. cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cliverdee

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Just for info and if anyone from Bennett’s insurance is on the forum … they never bothered to get back to me so clearly missing the boat with potential new customers. I have stayed with Hastings having negotiated a £24 reduction from their initial renewal quote, and this came out at £7 more than the ‘quote’ from Bennett’s before they backtracked due to it being a Sandstorm edition… Bennett’s compulsory excess was £600 whereas it’s only £200 with Hastings.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1