Featured BEFORE AND AFTER SINGLE SEAT COVERSION

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by TEZ 217, Jun 8, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #1 TEZ 217, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    t2.JPG
    DSC00724.JPG
    UPDATE- Old picture of last bike below present Thunderbird done along the same lines

• Like Like x 7
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Nice, looks so much better

• Like Like x 2
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Tez, mate, that looks drop dead gorgeous with the single seat - really special !!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

And the shorter pipes as well - how do they sound?

4. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thanks Biglad :):) -The pipes are short TORS the sound is awesome really great
    nice and loud (not quite harley loud but not to far off) and pops like a good-un which I love.:cool::cool:
    I've read a lot about triumph off road and on other forums about how there's not that much difference
    between originals sound and Tors, But there is :eek::eek::eek::eek: I'd only done one side and I had to fire it up
    wow couldn't wait to finish it !!
    Its amazing how just changing the pipes can make you feel so much better about the bike :D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

NICE.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #6 TEZ 217, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    SAD I KNOW but Just looked at my own post and tapped to zoom in on picture and shocked thought I had
    marked my front muddy, !!! but swift visit to garage and its only a reflection :cool::cool:
    camera's do lie :mad::mad:

Smaller number plate next and I'm making something to slope it backwards slightly

• Like Like x 1
  7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Al you changed you avatar !!!! What does this one represent?

8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Tez your bike looks gorgeous :), i would keep all the touring stuff off..unless of course you are touring!

9. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Your wife will find that very uncomfortable:D

• Like Like x 3
  10. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Mine with short slash exhaust and single seat.

WP_20160607_001.jpg

WP_20160607_002.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Looking nice there! The single seat makes such a difference to the look of the bike. I like it!

12. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Well spotted, the previous one was the insignia of a RAF Warrant Officer on a naff red background, at the time it was the only one picture I could find and it was pretty poor quality to boot. The 'new' avatar is the same rank insignia but much better quality, and as it was one of my greatest achievements to reach the rank while in the mob, and technically still is even though I am retired from both my RAuxAF job and my real job I thought I would change it. I also hold a Royal Warrant that went with the rank therefore my 'official title' is WO (Rtd), RAuxAF, along a list of post nominal titles for the service and campaign medals I was awarded during my 22 years of serving Auntie Betty and defending Good Old Blighty from 'Johnny Foreigner' and other raging hoards.:)
    As the insignia is that of the British monarch and as the British monarch once held lands in 'Frogland', the motto is in 'Froglish'; 'Dieu et mon Droit'; or in English 'God and my right'.
    Therefore it's classed as an 'honour' to be awarded the rank and to wear the Royal insignia on your uniform so is not something you throw away; unless of course you want a one way trip to the Tower of London to be quickly followed up by a smack on the back of the neck with a big sharp axe. :D

• Like Like x 6
  13. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
  14. uk-ken

uk-ken New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Leeds
  15. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    thanks Ken, i dont have the america these days in favour of a Thunderbird, but I dont see any reason why you couldnt
    move to a single seat and rack on a 2016 model,
    hopefully someone with knowledge of a newer model will answer that question definitely.

ps
    Ive gone the same route with the T bird to
    IMG_8260.JPG DSC00753 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Thats nice, thats exactly what i was pling to do when my P.I.P. finishes

17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Tez have you had a chance to get out on your new bike much yet? i was just wondering how your'e getting on with it :)

18. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    To be honest not had too much time on it Dougie, :( I've been doing the rounds between doctors and hospital appointments between myself and the missus, that among other things she has me doing and talking about like decorating !! :mad::mad:
    which I finally gave in to and two weeks into it all, I've had massive problems with Solvite paste not sticking I realise as your getting older things do change and we moan more and more, but what the hell are they doing with the good old brands we all know and used to trust so much,
    Doesn't matter what it is everything is made smaller and more cheap these days so the manufacturers can make more profit, but when they remove most of the adhesive qualities from wallpaper paste then what the hells happening !!!
    Anyway I should have saved that for the Rant section !!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Getting back to the subject the Tbird its is a massive jump from the America in all ways and I think it meets the difference I was looking for between the 1900cc cruiser I sold and the America I bought it sits perfectly in between,:cool:
    I did lose a little on seat height and being a short arse even an inch matters but when the single seat is fitted I have gained that back, so yes it feels very comfortable so far, a lot heavier as would be expected, a surprisingly difference in throttle response and speed of course, But I'm hoping this winter goes along quick and I get the chance to give it a good run out and really give it a good testing, Thinking of possibly making a removable tow bar for it as I have in the past for other bikes I've owned, which I know will cause some on here to whince a little, :eek::eek: but when you attend rallies its a lot easier to chuck your shite in a trailer when setting off and on a sunday when coming home rather than start to pack the lot up and bungee,
    but just a thought I'm mulling over the winter months who knows,:p Anyways Dougie thanks for asking :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm sure your'e going to love it Jez,cant beat a big twin:)..on the decorating front i always put twice as much paste..or half as much water :confused: as the packet recommends;)

20. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I did reduce the amount of water needed with little effect, even bought another packet from a different shop
    just in case I had a duff, again with little or no effect !!!
    like you I never believe the packet amount of water or the rolls they claim to hang,