Been A Rough Few Weeks :(

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dayoshir, Oct 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dayoshir

Dayoshir Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    Well 3 weeks into ownership of a brand new Yamaha XSR700 some scrote nicked it :(

That and my other half’s XJ6 :(

Was slightly gutted. My insurance are already looking at ways of not paying out :(

But my other half says I can spend her payout on a replacement so getting to go shopping again soon!

2. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    Police reckon they were nicked to order within mine being brand new :(

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:( Nowt worse than having your bike nicked I feel for you mate :(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Really sorry to hear this Dayoshir, bloody theives need to be spread eagled naked on the road and then the rear wheel of a Triumph Rocket 3 span up against their pathetic excuse of a ball sack.

Can only have so much security, has been said time and again.
    But each device slows them down and makes it more difficult to nick.

I reckon it is worth spending £700 on decent security for a bike worth up to £10,000

£200 - Bloody big chain with a ground anchor
    £75 - Alarmed disc lock- position bike so rear wheel against a brick wall, then place disc lock under the caliper so it can't be rolled forward - plus bloody difficult to get a grinder in that position. Make sure disc lock doesn't have the pin exposed
    £30 - Bike cover
    £300 - Bike alarm
    £20 - A basic bike tracker -can be got for under £20 on Amazon
    £5 - Spring Wire to attatch ignition key to the handlebar so it can't be nicked at lights leaving you stranded
    £50 - If you have a garage, use a bull bar so the door can't be forced open, when properly placed it has been known for someone to find the bumper of a jeep still attached to it in the morning after a failed attempt to pull it up

Try and use random different routes on journey home
    Be aware of gits sticking magnetic trackers to your bike when you stop at lights
    Avoid being distracted by cyclists at lights so one can steal your ignition key (have it spring wired to your handlebar)
    DO NOT keep your lock keys with your ignition keys/alarm fob, use separate key rings so if your ignition key is nicked, you can still lock your bike up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    So sorry to read about your bikes,bad enough one .....but two! Really turns your stomach this does,I hope the thieves get their's painfully and the insurance company pay out,as they should.They're always quick enough to take your money:mad:

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Very sorry to here about this Dayoshir. It takes all the pleasure out of owning something nice when you have to almost "Stand Guard" over your property just to hang onto it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bad news mate. James May was correct when he said that we should be allowed to kill motorbike thieves!

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    If I found them I would definitely start maiming!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    New bike huh?
    Hmmmmm .... not wishing to cast nasturtiums, but there was a bike dealer not a million miles from here who had an employee who (allegedly) would tell the local reprobates what bikes had been sold recently, and the addresses where they could be found.
    Difficult to guard against that one, methinks!
    Just sayin'!

10. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Security along this line would be interesting
    Especial if it could be remotely activated from a long distance

YouTube link

• Like Like x 1
  11. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi mate, any progress on this? Has the insurance coughed up ? Are you back on the road ?

12. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    If you need a hand I would help you they need too be taught a lesson w!!!!!!!!kers
    Tucker

13. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sorry to hear this bad enough having one bike nicked let alone two, hope your insurance settles without to much hassle, as Mr O said BEWARE of first offers always best to hold out a little

14. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Be interested to see the insurance outcome?

15. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    I remember in the late 70ts or early 80ts a biker from the states had a spark plug wired up too his petrol tank and someone tried too nick his bike and I think he was killed

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    AGREE ONE LESS

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    Well my insurance never paid out, which I spose is a good thing as it’s not recorded as stolen recovered! Put a new rear tyre on, one mirror glass and a second hand lock setup for the tank and all is well!

I also did the first service myself and recorded it in the book, using proper yamalube and oil filter!

Not heard about the other bike yet. Other half had to go bankrupt in September so the insolvency service are claiming that payout, but we’ve not heard from the insurer yet as to what they’re paying out! I’m sure they would have to notify us but nowt yet.

18. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    Oh and big ass chain and tracker fitted within a week of getting mine back!

19. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Insurance companies are too often thieving gits!! It's bad enough you get your bike nicked but when the insurance mug you as well, that's just tooooooo far !!!! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    They’ll do whatever they can to avoid paying out :)

21. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    The bike wasn’t parked on the driveway. It was parked on the paved area next to the driveway! They are saying the driveway was clearly distinguishable from the paved front yard!

• WTF WTF x 1