Be Careful Out There

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Yorkshireman, May 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Trying to reach the front brake lever on those bars would be the first issue he came across, amazing he went over the bars as they are about 6 foot tall. Very lucky man and shows how easy it is for it to all go wrong. Glad he walked away.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I had an accident in curzon street, london when a black cab pulled out on me, I t boned I and went over the roof. The person who called the ambulance was in a restaurant and saw me fly past the window. Only damage to me was a bruised knee that clipped the roof on the way past. My 3 week old super dream, which is proof I wasn’t going fast, had bent forks and a smashed bent bars

4. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    This guy had to be checking out a girl in the car next to himo_O Why can't we resist the urge to do this to ourselves:laughing: The amazing thing (according to the article) is that he walked away from the scene of the accident two minutes later. I witnessed a 'T-Bone' on a 70 mph road (~1970) in Washington DC. A full dressed Hog was traveling in the fast lane. A '68 Cadillac came from an on-ramp and decided to shoot to the left lane. The guy on the bike literally went through the driver's window and landed in the lap of the driver's wife. He didn't appear to be hurt at all. I stopped to help, but none was needed except for the cops. I saw the rider a few weeks later at the local Harley dealer. He told me the Cadillac was a total loss and so was his bike. He actually didn't have any serious injuries. If it was me, I would break my neck going 10 mph:weary_face:

• Like Like x 1
  5. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    The instant I notice a good looking girl on the side or crossing the road......I am looking all around me but the chick to make sure no one rear ends me :D

I have seen this happen few years ago on Edgware road to a biker. It wasn't as serious as this but slow moving traffic incident