Featured Bc Takes A Bonnie For A Test Ride

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by BonnieCat, Mar 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    The Wasp is very sexy Dave, as well you know. :):)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I can vouch that you do have a close relationship with Waspy Nikki, especially when she’s lying on top of you :laughing:;);)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Dave you are super sharp this morning. Excellent !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    It’s probably because I took my tablets early this morning :sun:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I have Avon Storms on my Trident and have no complaints and little or no 'chicken strip' on the back tyre. And I'm an old fart!!:p
    Coincidentally when the bike was new it was shod with a pair of Pirelli Match tyres. They gave excellent grip wet or dry, but the back only lasted around 3000 miles and the front around 5,500 if memory serves. By 6,000 miles I was riding on Bridgestones. Avons came later!:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
    I put Avon Storm 3D on my T120 last year. What a difference! The OEM tires are crap, I wish I’d changed sooner. I’ve also just added Alpina rims, which are much lighter than stock. I can’t wait for the weather to break so I can try the combo out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. browned off

browned off Member

Jun 22, 2017
    wirral
    I changed the pirrelis on my t100 for metzler lazer tecs and they are worse lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

No wonder you’re browned off :p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    OK apparently the Avon Storm 3D have been replaced by Roadrider AM26. (Just going by what my dealer chappy told me).
    Even though the tyres are still very new, the difference between those Pirellis and the Avon's is remarkable. No tracking of road lines or imperfections and it steers much better. So I think Bonnie has got a reprieve from being replaced. The jerky fueling I can get around by changing up earlier and being super gentle with the throttle. I may be tempted to use it on the GMU
    I still think the VStrom is far and away a smoother ride, no jerkiness, great handling from the stock tyres and a much more comfier ride.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    If snatchy fuelling is your major gripe a booster plug for £120 will cure it in 10 mins of plugging in under the seat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Heard some good stuff about them booster plugs :)
    But I think I have the exact same engine fitted in NUDGER the 270degree high torque engine and don’t seem to have any problems :)
    Is it not that it sounds lumpy rather than actually being lumpy :confused:
    Maybe it just takes some getting used to :confused:
    Quite a few people have commented on the disappointing fuelling/engine on the T120:(
    I think it might just be that it’s not as smooth as they were hoping :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
    When I first got my T120, I thought the FI was a a bit abrupt. I would sometimes use rain mode to smooth it out. I just took it out for the first time this year, and I never thought about the FI. I guess I’ve grown used to it after almost three years. Honestly, after the first few rides when it was new, I never used rain mode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I think the Euro 4 testing is not particularly ‘real world’ whereas the bike efi system is quite crude (cheap!).
    In order to comply the bikes are horribly lean off idle when the revs cross over the lambda sensor and flick between open and closed loop and the ECU suddenly wakes up and gives it an extra dollop.
    The Booster Plug is a con artist that kids on it is colder so enrichens etc., Technical enough?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Tell me more. I’m interested. Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    My 2016 Street Twin had what I thought was jerky running, particularly on acceleration, but it turned out to be duff plug caps, apparently the earlier ones built up a resistance causing a jerk/misfire like symptoms, worth checking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    So new Avon Roadrider tyres fitted. What an amazing difference, no tracking of lines or road imperfections and now it steers.
    The other mod I just fitted is the Booster plug. This was fitted by myself in 10 mins. Easy easy even for a technical numpty like myself. I’ve just been out for a test ride and although the plug has not totally eliminated the jerky throttle, it’s so much better than before. I can certainly live with the bike now, so I’ll be keeping it a while longer and you never know it might make an appearance at the GMU

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Well it is the TRIUMPH forum GMU :)

Just saying :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1