Bbc News, Bike Theft

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ken walburn, Apr 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Just watched BBC new article on motorcycle theft. Thieves on mopeds with grinders actually filmed in the act.
    Police have advised one witnessing such an event, even if it is your motorcycle, not to get involved, but phone the police. Right, yeah, like that's going to happen. Members of Ace Cafe have set up groups to patrol hotspot areas. Police are not happy with vigilante groups developing. Well catch these f*****s, lock em up & throw away the keys & we might listen & comply.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Rang 101 within two minutes of two "Scrotes" making off with my Stripple.
    Took 22 minutes to answer, held in a queue. They snapped the steering lock and towed it away on a moped. I carry a telescopic cosh now........ just in case I see the same happening to someone else's pride and joy!

• Like Like x 6
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I believe - touch my property - and it's fair game. I used to work with the baiiffs- I work hard for what I have got. Good luck to any scrote..........

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Yes..... Wacking thieving little fuckers!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    One of my mates carries a metal retractable stick when he rides. He was pulled over and questioned - his response was - it is to break windscreen or side glass to help anyone after a crash. Plod left him alone. It's like carrying a baseball bat - on its own it's a weapon - however carry a ball and the issue goes away.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I carry a weatherman daily on my belt - got asked once and I just told them that I am an engineer. The world has gone mad

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Should read Leatherman- trust me I do not carry Michael Fish on my belt :D

• Funny Funny x 12
  8. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Yes they lock - It's the large supertool. I also have the wave it also locks. The issue was the 2 inch blade - but as I said - told them I am an engineer and all ok.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I always carry a Swiss army pen knife with me after i pulled a lad out of a Golf GTI . He had rolled it into farmers field . The engine caught fire and he was unconscious and the seat belt wouldn't open . I used the knife to cut the seat belt and i managed to get him out. It wasn't long before the car was well alight. I'm sorry to say the lad didn't make it but at least he was out of the car:oops:
    I was as cool as a cucumber during the accident. I rode on to me destination which was Margate in Kent. when i arrived i got off my bike and my legs were like jelly. I could hardly walk. shock is strange:confused:

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Use 999 - it's a crime in progress after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Rang 999. Told to ring 101 as the bike had gone

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Hmmm!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Like I said, if Police are unable to respond on a consistent basis, what choice do you have but to protect your own property from these scum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Next thing you know - chased away from your home, shrine outside , whole community after you ..bla bla :mask::mask:

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What I don’t understand is, everyone can see what is going to happen, people are going to lose confidence in the law, and law enforcement, budget cuts to blame, mainly, and take matters into their own hands. We the dumb public can see this coming and want to do something about it but those that gave the power to
    Make it right just sit on their backsides wait for it to get out of hand, hope they lose the next election so they can blame it on those that are in power. This is not party specific!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    A good friend of mine is a policeman, he tried to stop a bike thief in the act where the bike thief assaulted him and injured him, he had a complaint made about him by the thief and was suspended, he was then allowed back to work but desk bound and is now facing prosecution. The Police want to help but when they do it is them that become the criminal in the eyes of the law. The Mayor of London needs to empower the Police and stop prosecuting those that carry out their duties.

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    It's called a'fishing priest' just a heads up ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    WTF is the world coming too like the rest of you I work hard for my toy's.
    I'm not going too let some little Cxxt Nick it.
    With out first giving them my wallet and house keys just in case they want more free stuff.
    Might as well just leave the front door open
    And a sign outside help yourself.
    Tucker:p

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    And the leatherman is for gutting it afterwards?!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Today, two 14 year old scroats, attempted to steal a guys bike while sitting at traffic lights in Edinburgh,in broad daylight in the city centre.Both were caught by the police,Probably get their wrists slapped and told to behave in future:mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 2