Battery Have I Killed It

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Repooh, Jun 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Went for a bimble to the Cotswolds today, first ride since my soaking DDay tour.

My Oxford heated grips who performed great previously now go straight into battery saving mode. According to my Oxford battery optimiser battery is at 13.0 Volts, the battery saver is designed to come in if battery is below a certain level, assuming 13.0 Volts is below? the grip instructions say 12v with typical range of 13.3v to 14.0 V

Assuming the grips are working as designed, would mean my battery is not at optimum charge, is dying, has an issue?

I did ride back from France with them on most of the way 2 hours ferry break plus 3 hours, maybe I've shagged the battery?

2. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Back ten days, bike garaged, did give it a double washing Saturday and used a hose, may have damaged something emailed Oxford who recon it could be a broken connection, maybe I was over enthusiastic with me hose (oh er missus) , I'l do as they suggest and disconnect wires and check.

I had changed my horn to a loud shell type, that was full of French water, as like a tit I didn't fit it opening down, taken off now and in the bin, back to the toy town peep peep of Triumph

• Funny Funny x 1