Base Setting For 1050 R Suspension

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by sam triple, Jul 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    Prob done to death but any one know the suspension base settings for 1050 R ta

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  3. Nasher

Nasher Member

May 24, 2018
    West Yorkshire
    Hi Sam and sprinter I’m a newbie here who has recently bought a old model but new speed triple r,
    I would like to tinker with my suspension but fear I am way out of my depth, it feels spot on, most planted bike I’ve ever had don’t know how much that is to do with the weight of the bike.
    Would it be better just to use the different riding modes, ie just stiffen up the bike in sport mode or do you need to go down the play with the buttons mode I’m 14 stone with riding kit on any advise please

4. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    The different modes just change the engine map, ABS and TC settings and don't have any effect on the suspension settings. I've used Alpha suspension in Morley in the past, he can set the suspension up for you if you're unsure about it. Costs £30 and well worth it IMHO

5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Im a fat bas so I knew I wasnt factory settings equivalent. I set mine and it feels spot on, very solid. The Sprints are known for their neutral handling, anyway.
    Look up "how to" threads and check out, " Setting the SAG " threads too. Read them through and see if you feel confident about having a go, dont dive in with-out doing your homework, and knowing what your getting into. You know best, what your capable of.
    If you start, then best set everything to "factory settings and take it from there.
    You say its good just now, so record where they are and how many turns to Factory, then if you dont like it you can go back.

6. Nasher

Nasher Member

May 24, 2018
    West Yorkshire
    Okay fella’s thanks for your input, yeah I reckon I’ll check out my settings as they are now then have a play with a couple of different settings for a heavier rider.
    First I’ll ride a route close to home see how it rides change settings have another ride and so on.
    Only thing I would not like to do is drop my forks through the yokes not too sure about that ? does that sharpen the steering?

7. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    if your happy with the way it handles id personally leave it alone,i on the other hand find the front a little vague ,but that could be cos ive been on sports bikes for ever just feels like it needs more weight on the front ,the back feels to harsh at times with the rebound doing overtime ,ill get sag set next Saturday then work it from there

8. Nasher

Nasher Member

May 24, 2018
    West Yorkshire
    Hi Sam yeah my ride is really plush feels like the most planted bike I’ve ever had
    I know what your saying but hey we’ve paid a lot of money for that top notch suspension so I’ve just got to see if it can be even better ! I can always go back so I’m going to have a tinker.
    I had an. MT09 before my triple that thing used to take off all over the place deffo needed more weight over the front.
    Much prefer the speed triple although I would love the weight of the yam

• Like Like x 1