Featured Bargain Amazon Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by steve lovatt, Jan 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've always regretted not having heated grips fitted when I bought the Tiger but, as always, the cost was adding up and I thought I would manage without. Three winters in and I realise my mistake!

I have Keiss heated inner gloves, which work well but you are somewhat tangled in wires (they attach to the heated body warmer) and are a bit of a faff and a pain on short journeys as a result. Retro fitting Triumph heated grips is a bit pricey as the Tiger is ride by wire so not any old grips will do.

Bring on the £12.99 bargain from Amazon! Basically these wrap around your bar and attach with velcro. You then need to plug into a USB socket and away you go. They are of course on or off but they can easily be removed swapped onto another bike.

The wire connection looks a bit weak so I cable tied that around the bars to stop any pulling on it. Tiger bars are 1" so fit is a bit tight, so another cable tie sorted that.

Heat is a gentle warm rather than baking hot but it's enough to keep the chill off. Currently wearing normal gloves and very happy! :cool::cool:

PS. They're now £11.99!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0725QQ4N6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    20190115_135156.jpg 20190115_135210.jpg 20190115_135234.jpg
    PPS. Yes, it does seem to say "I - Toss" ! :eek:

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

"This professional warmer is made of special fabric design which is elastic, breathable and fashion. "

That's me sold, I've ordered 3 pairs, that's 36 toss' by my count, keep me going all year :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Are you infering that BMW give anything away for free ???

BMW kings of the extensive options list :p

You even have to extra for for working indicators, most don't :confused::confused::confused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Really, both are true. I remember when you didn't even get a stereo as standard in BMW cars !!! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Looks to be a good option, IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tel Boy

Tel Boy Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Devon
    Some permanent black marker pen should sort that out.

• Like Like x 1