Banshee Shockwave On T120

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Espanolito, Jan 19, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    Hell all,

Looking to replace the stock horn on my 2017 T120 with something louder. Was looking at the Denali Soundbomb (compact or split) or, preferably, the Screaming Banshee Shockwave. However I can't find any info on any forum as to whether either will fit on a T120 (whether at the location of the stock horn or somewhere else on the bike). I could go with one of the minis, but prefer the louder air horn. If anyone has any info on whether (and how/where) the Soundbomb or the Shockwave will fit a T120, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. John Bentall

John Bentall Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Enfield, North London
    Not many trying to mount such a large horn.

Here is a split Denali instal on a Street Twin, using an engine guard for one of the mount points.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
  6. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    Thanks. I think I'll go with a simple Denali mini. Although I may just add a relay, even though it's 'plug and play'. Five amps is still more than the 1.5 amps of the stock.

7. GmanJeff

GmanJeff Member

Mar 30, 2020
    Virginia, USA
    Espanolito (and others who may have fitted one), did you ever install the Mini and, if you did, do you find it to actually be an upgrade over the stock horn?

I was about to purchase one for my 2020 T120, but decided not to after watching this vendor video, which indicates that the Mini is not as loud as advertised. Since the human ear generally perceives loudness changes which are 3 db or greater, the difference between the advertised and measured loudness levels is meaningful. I don't know how loud the stock unit is, but this made me think the Mini may be no louder, or even quieter: (see video starting at around 1:30 minutes).

8. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I have seen a mini combined with stock to achieve twin tone. I prefer the dual air horns, but longevity pushed me down a compressor and two horns.
    https://www.thetriumphforum.com/gallery/photos/engine-guard.3115/
    https://www.thetriumphforum.com/gallery/videos/airhorn.3114/

9. John Bentall

John Bentall Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Enfield, North London
    I think the Mini is a worthwhile improvement.