Baflectomizar

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Marcelo Guimarães, Aug 4, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Friends, I need an opinion of you more experienced in Triumph.

Just assitir this video on Bonnevilles, and see what they are doing.

Baflectomizar

Could give an opinion on please?

2. Someone would know me say we About the Risks que suits in Perform this procedure ?

3. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    basically they have just smashed out the stock baffles in the first video to make the exhaust less restrictive. its a fairly crude but old trick.
    in the second video i dont know if its a removeable baffle but they have obviously modified it with more holes in it to be less restrictive, to give the same effect.

the only risk as such is a very minimal change in exhaust emissions, and a ticket from the noise police for being noisier!

4. Certainly Chris police will not like this much louder noise.

Thank you for your opinion.

My concern is damage to the motorcycle engine. The gas will come out with more speed, causing a greater expenditure of fuel, perhaps.

5. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Unless you have removed the catalytic converter and fitted a totally free flowing exhaust you probably won't damage anything by running it a bit leaner but ideally you'd get a custom ecu map to suit

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree with Half Ton. I believe a lot in developed mechanical and hard work of the engineer to create the piece. But I would put something that could have a more pleasant sound, but my finances are very thin and try to find a solution. I would really like to live in Europe and have access to the shops there. LOL

I have a company doing well, but our economy goes wrong. I believe that was born in the wrong place. LOL

Seeking better alternatives to my exhaust.

7. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    I like the comments "my finances are very thin"... so are mine since I found out about Thruxton R's lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Man, if I tell you that the Thruxton here costs so expensive that not even dream about it so soon. It is almost triple the value of the mine. Converting to pounds would be the equivalent of GBP 13,239.94.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Of course it certainly helps to ask professionals. But no harm at all the engine of my motorcycle?

10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Here are a couple of links as to how it is done.
    http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-technical-talk/13595-pictures-of-my-bafflectomy.html
    http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-technical-talk/38422-muffler-autopsy.html
    I did this to the stock pipes on my Bonneville - easy to do and a reasonable result sound wise. You must use a good quality hole cutter in the first place to remove the end flange. I found that it only took one tap with the socket to break the welds and then you can push them back with a long flat blade screwdriver to help with extracting the baffle. Some of the wadding may get stuck so I used a vacuum cleaner to suck all of the crap out - much quicker than trying to pull each piece out with pliers!

11. Surely I will make this way. There is no other! At least the bike is not made.

12. Thank you for the explanation. It really is very didactic and with a special detail. Thank you!

Does the Thruxton do the same?