Featured Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Oct 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Gorgeous!! Great find, Billy. She looks fast just standing there!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    You’ve always said that you liked the V twin :cool:

Looks a very handy tool you’ve purchased Billy and if it goes as good as it looks and you get to grips with it you should have a satisfying season mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hmmm, I just so happen to be an extra-small! How do I get a collector's edition BBR tee-shirt??

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy::joy: All is forgiven, Billy. Well, today anyway! ;) And 4 would certainly constitute a "limited" edition! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bad Billy
    See I told you I would catch up. Terrific looking machine. And I to wish you all the luck in the world for 2020.
    Ride Safe and Enjoy.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    I raced my Gen 1 RSV, when I did my 3 seasons at it. It used to love t'long bends, like Gerards at Mallory, and Corams at Snett. I also notice thaz got 180 rears. I started wi 190's, but soon changed to 180's, as it felt a bit nimbler on em. I like t'paint job its already sporting. This's me.....

FB_IMG_1481740474288.jpg

IMG_0212_2.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  7. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Just curious, how much did the previous owner weigh and do you have new springs in buget

8. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    after seeing your pic with John Reynolds, your certainly a big lad. A common bike racing quote is a 7.5 lb reduction is worth 1 engine HP gain. So i might suggest among other heavy things, a lithium ion battery upgrade, worth about 9 lbs. This along with some other weight reductions may save you the cost of revalving the dampners. Bonus less tyre wear and less fuel needed in the tank. After all the pies the limit, when racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#29 Cyborgbot, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2019
    You got a three wheeler? That should stop you from falling off so much...

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Reckon you got a bargin with that lot mate. Looking forward to see how your preparations go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Don’t worry about it - you have the cahoonies to have a go. I on the other hand would be wearing my day-glow bib and over-taking after indicating for a sensible time with a IAMs life saver ‘over the shoulder glance’ before moving out.

Who am I kidding?!? Me, overtake?! :rolleyes::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::sob::sob::sob::weary_face::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: ad Infinitum...............

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's a truly extensive and amazing list, Billy! What do you estimate that would all cost you had you gone out and bought it?? :p

13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I reckon lots Sandi.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, Billy! I wonder if the guy that sold you the bike did the same thing? I'd bet not. ;) Makes your good deal on the Aprilla even better. And as a side note, isn't is amazing what we can now do via the "inter-web". :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, Billy. You got a great deal it would seem! I think we've all been in a position at some point where we mostly just want to get rid of whatever the thing is we want to get rid of and will take less than it's "worth". Or what we THINK it's worth. ;) That's the key. Mr. Sandi has a related saying: "Something is worth what you can sell it for tomorrow for cash." Seems that the person selling an item always values it more (usually a lot more) than the person who's looking to do the buying. Maybe in your case with the Aprilla that didn't quite hold true?! :)

• Agree Agree x 2