765 Back On Triumph!

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dark Rider, Aug 11, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Hey guys!

Finally back on my beloved street triple!

After I sold my 675R I kind of regretted it. I bought a 2011 Tuono V4 (again) and had a blast but the constant worrying if it was going to explode or not was weighing down on me.

I ended up selling my Tuono and my S1000XR and picked up a demo 2020 Street Triple RS! Added in the small screen, frame sliders and a Yoshimura AT2 exhaust (On its way).

I test rode the 765 quite a few times before pulling the trigger but I am very happy with it. A nice improvement on the 675.

Few minor things that annoy me that ill need to learn to live with.

1. Defaulting to road mode after every ride.
    My Tuono, XR and many other bikes don't do this. I'm so used to just getting on and riding, pulling wheelies etc that I don't think about changing modes before setting off.

Trying to pull a clutch up wheelie only to be slammed back to the ground was frustrating and embarrassing. Currently annoys the shit out of me but will have to develop a new habit.

2. Dash design.
    Initially the dash design annoyed me as I preferred the 2018 style more but I actually quite like it now. I'd also prefer if the info on the fuel tray showed - Distance travelled, avg fuel consumption and then remaining range. I don't find instantaneous fuel consumption useful at all.

3. Bluetooth in the bike settings but not actually activated...
    Was quite excited about these features and then only realised that you need to buy the module to be able to use them. Then once you have the module it all depends on your country and phone model and gopro model and headset etc to actually gain full advantage of the features. Not exactly enticing me to buy the module since I have no idea if all those features would work with my devices.

Overall this bike is bloody amazing and the "issues" I have are not life changing and I'll just have to adapt.

Below is a few pics and a video of my initial test ride. I will be uploading more content soon!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dark Rider
    That's a cool steed. And you are a bit of a devil. My bike rises like that and I got to go back home to change the underwear. That's why i have just sold the 675. To muck of a devil for me. I know we all say its the rider but when the devil bites your rear end you do stupidity real easy.
    Joe

3. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Thanks very much!

Coming from the Tuono. XR and MT10 etc I've had no choice but to learn to control those monsters! Wheelies for days, but they sure are fun!

• Like Like x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I really love the street triple, its my favourite Triumph. Couldn't agree more about the electronics though, I wish they would just let you have fun with the bike without having to turn off the tc and then default every time you start it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Yeah its pretty frustrating tbh...Was hoping there would be some update or way around it but guess we are out of luck for now.

The Speed Triple 1200RS was the same. Quite annoying.

6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes More bottle than I have Dark Rider. I will stick with the Bonnie now. I don't have to do silly things on it kids just accept i am an old fart out for a jaunt and don't bother me.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Dark Rider, my STRS stays in the mode I decide to put it in and stays in the selected mode immaterial of how many times I switch it off and park it up, you can set it to rider mode and alter all manner of electronics, if wheelies are your thing then believe me you can make that happen no problem (although personally I don't), as it puts excessive impact upon the headstock when coming back down, you would not believe how much force is generated by the impact, also prolonged wheelie's has the knock on effect of oil starvation as the oil gets put back to the rear of the sump, and it is not baffled. I can recommend the connectivity, it's great for the GoPro Hero 7 black, all the functions are done from the joystick on the handlebar, likewise the sat nav. I bought a new one in 2019 and another one in 2020, the 2020 is a big improvement on the 19 model, more mid range, different gearbox ratios, up/down shifter, plus much more. You have a nice bike and a good choice. The only down side for me personally is the price of parts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. LaBour Mark

LaBour Mark New Member

Aug 1, 2021
    Buford
    Love it

thumbnail_20210817_201136.jpg

• Like Like x 2