Baah, stall, dropped bike.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Hutchism, Oct 13, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    #1 Hutchism, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Had a a great ride through deepest darkest Shropshire today covering all manner of roads right down to unclassified roads fit only for 4x4's to drop a wallet off to a girl that I'm seeing. 60+ miles covered in miserable conditions, but with a big grin on my face the whole way (big shout to Michelin for their Pilot Road 3's! :upyeah:).

Got back to Shrewsbury and called in at Asda to buy some more rolling baccy. A girl was waiting to cross the entrance road to Asda and being a gentleman I let her cross. With very little hurry she ambled across the road, and with no warning the low revs on my bike dropped to nothing and the bike tipped over.

Maybe the clutch cable is a little too stiff and could do with replacement, maybe the plugs could also do with replacement, maybe if I hadn't just done 60miles through uncharted territory, lapping up all that the weather could throw at me in my new winter gloves which are akin to an elephant using chopsticks , it might not have happened.

Thing is, not only have I scatched a panel on the bike I also dented my pride. I'm going to put this one down to mechanical failure I think, cause that's what I told the concerned lady who got out of her car behind me. I didn't get chance to tell the same story to the 20 or so cars that were stopped behind her though...

2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Sounds to me like you are a sucker for anything in a skirt..... Just saying :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Haha, busted! Though in my defence I'll just as easily let anyone else cross the road, which is more than I can say for the majority of ignorant car drivers I see these days. ;)

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Thats why they don't stop.. Just in case the revs drop and they fall off their cars...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scouser

Scouser Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wirral UK
    I've done that too badge of honour !

right turn not enough beans and down she goes, it's also amazing how few people get out of their tin boxes to help pick the thing up !!