Awaiting New Speed Triple S

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Meldy, May 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Meldy

Meldy New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Aberdeen
    Hi folks,

I've just recently part ex'd my 2014 Street Triple R for a new Speed Triple S. Superb usable power throughout the rev range!

The bike itself was in the showroom but currently waiting for a few accessories to be fitted before collection......hopefully get her this weekend. However from similar experience on my Street I remember the accessorises taking AGES to come!

SC Project cans and Evotech tail tidy ready and waiting at home...just need the bike now!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Lovely! What colour and accessories have you gone for?

3. Meldy

Meldy New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Aberdeen
    Red!

Accessories:
    Quickshifter
    Bellypan
    Seat Cowl
    Rad Guard (probably should of just bought eveotech but must of got excited at the time of ordering)
    SC Project underseat cans - had the Conic exhaust on my Street and loved it!
    Evotech Tailtidy

Was admiring some of your carbon accessories - bike looks great!

4. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Sounds like you will be very happy with that little lot!

Maybe get the oil guard from evotech as that gets a blasting being below the rad. I can also reccomend the triumph rubber tank guard.

5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    HI meldy,welcome to the forum,the speed triple are great:)maybe see you at the Hungry Highlander some time:)

6. Meldy

Meldy New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Aberdeen
    Aye got the tank pad aswell, forgot about that one!

Appreciate advice on oil guard - will get that ordered up aswell

7. WesSmith

WesSmith Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Hastings, East Sussex
    Sounds great...Lovin' mine

I'm sure you'll be pleased of the swap with all that low down torque

8. Danny mc

Danny mc Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Hopefully pickup my 17 r on Saturday too,
    Quickshifter
    Arrow low boy
    Evotech tailtidy
    Evotech oil guard
    Rad guard
    Tank pad
    Eazi grip tank pads
    Radiator shrouds Carbon :)
    Enjoy mate,coming off a 16 s1000r looking for a bit of grunt n character

• Like Like x 2
  9. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Meldy, sounds great ! Congratulations, you are going to love every second on it :D

10. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Congrats on the new bike, pix ASAP :)

11. GAJA

GAJA Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    London
    Nice! Can I ask why you changed from the S1000r, this was one bike I considered before going for the Triumph, looks not quite finished in my eyes, mad engine though!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Gaja it did everything mate,but it bored me!! It just screeched everywhere,I did 2 weeks in Spain and it was spot on,apart from the heat of the engine:eek:,I wanted something with a bit more character to be honest,build quality on bmw is not as good as others n it drinks coolant :(,

• Like Like x 1
  13. Meldy

Meldy New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Aberdeen
    Bike collected yesterday in an unusually sunny Aberdeen morning. Got her home and fitted the evotech tail tidy and sc project cans. Did about 50 miles, trying to keep the revs down is difficult as she justs wants to go. I found the gearbox pretty clunky and the Throttle a bit snatchy. Probably just need to adjust to it. Did another 50 miles this morning and unfortunately the rear has picked up a nail!!!!! Absolutely sick. Hoping it can be repaired rather than a new tyre already. Chap at local tyre place reckons he can save it!

In general tho i am delighted with the bike. Can't wait to get back on her next week once the tyre is sorted!

IMG_6984.JPG

IMG_6988.JPG

IMG_6990.JPG

IMG_6993.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It's all looking good mate!
    Even the nails shining
    Now that's attention to detail!

15. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Very nice Meldy ! That nail is just nasty, would suck if they can't fix it. I had one very similar on a blade some years back, decided to replace it rather. I didn't like the thought of a mushroom plug in my rear :eek: !

16. Meldy

Meldy New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Aberdeen
    Well aye that was my thoughts also! Didn't fancy a repaired supercorsa. Especially with the bike being so new

17. Base

Base Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Uk
    I find it ridiculous that the new triple comes with supercorsa's I picked mine up in January, just a nightmare in damp wet conditions, after 1000 miles I had worn them out and gone onto M7RR's great tyre.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Picked mine up yesterday base n there decent tyres n look the part but just looking at them makes me nervous ref damp/wet conditions :cool:,goin to Spain in July n reckon I'll be putting new tyres on,heard good reports on the M7rr's,do you recommend them?

19. Base

Base Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Uk
    over the years I have been through the top line brand tyre choices on various bikes, but the M7RR have been my favorite tyre of all time. good grip from cold, feel really stable and not bad wear rate, for what they give you in performance. The supercorsa are the only tyre that I have destroyed the front at the same speed as the rear, awesome grip in the dry throw in a damp patch it can give you a real "moment" as I found out on my fireblade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. GAJA

GAJA Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    London
    Bike looks great, congratulations, nice upgrades too!