Avoiding Tv

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tigcraft, Apr 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Has anyone managed to steer clear of that propaganda box in our rooms for a full day by finding other things to twiddle?
    I nearly did it yesterday but when I went to bed I fell foul for the last half hour as the wife was already sucked into it having it on ...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Being a self-employed carpenter / builder I've got more than enough of my own work do do at home, (that I normally never get done!), to watch any TV during the day. I watch in the evenings but I've managed to avoid the news, or anything else to do with the Coronavirus for weeks now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #3 Wessa, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    I try not to watch day time TV preferring to find other stuff to do. I do like to watch the evening news, not just for the covid-19 updates but what else is going on around the UK and the world.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    The youf that I helped to breed told me a couple of months ago that the telly I have owned for a couple of years is a clever one. I now watch YOUTUBE mostly once all my allocated jobs have been done.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Haven't had a TV for at least 4 years although I do get news updates on my laptop. So much contradictory stuff and unnecessary scare mongering just for the sake of it. Things are bad enough without some expert saying this could go on for 12 months etc,

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Ditto!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    I am still flat out working, no time to switch on the goggle box in the day. The selection in the evenings is dire! Can’t wait to be able to watch some sports again

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Me neither @Duckadiledundee Most of it is absolute rubbish.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1