Rideout Auto 66 Club Racing

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Spudda, May 20, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Spudda

Spudda Member

May 2, 2012
    Penn, Nr Wolverhampton
    I'm going to put this thread in the Rideouts and Events ... as this has already happened (as of today) their are more coming up and let you know where and when

Introduction - Matty Laws is a 20yr old from Hull who has been and is still working his way through the racing ranks.

He competed in the Thundersport Challenge last year and decided this year to compete in both the Auto 66 and Thundersport.

He currently has a CB500 and a Daytona675 which was kindly donated by Pitty's Custom Vinyls - Unfortunately the 675 came worse off at Cadwell and has just been rebuilt

Anyway, Matty competed in the Auto66 today at Mallory ......

We got to Mallory at about 9am to find the Matty Laws camp all set up and the kettle on. After sayin hello to the family Laws we stood around watching and in typical Auto66 tradition the morning dragged on but Matty finally got out for practise and managed a steady 1.03's on new tyres and a track he hadnt ridden before.

After waiting around again, Matty qualifying session came and went where he qualified 4th in his group and fastest of the 500cc's.

First race and Matty mixed it up well and made good use of his elbows in the last hairpin on the last lap and took advantage of everyone else trying to make a Laws sandwich and took 3 in one go (y) SEE THE LAST COUPLE OF PHOTOS (facepalm)
    Matty finished 4th in his class and again the top 500cc
    Following the 'hectic hairpin' incident the Matty camp had a few visitors. One to apologise to Matty (although Matty had gone off to buy some Donuts) and another who wasn't happy about being 'buzzed by pesky 500's'. This guy was on a 600 and I think second in the championship and I think he was a little upset about being done

Second race and Matty was on fire ... the first 2 bikes just left a gap as good riders on 600's would do. This left Matty fighting in the following pack for 3rd place. Amongst them was Matty on his 500, an SV650, the guy on another 500 (the racer who had come to over to apologise to Matty previously) and our friend on the 600 .... The race was a good clean race which left Matty in 3rd place !!!

Matty looked well within his comfort zone and rode some sensible races ... Well done Matty, thanks for the tea and cake and have a good birthday tomorrow (y)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Daytona600

Daytona600 New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I actually do want to do the thundersport gb 500, but i would rather have race ready cb500 rather than a standard. Hopefully in about two years time i will do some racing at the gb 500s or other race class groups :biggrin: