At Last, My Mind Is Made Up About The Bobber!!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by pasher, Aug 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Never been sure what to make of the Bobber since it came out, but the latest promo picture Triumph has just emailed has made my mind up - I never want to be seen dead on one. Looks like he's about to dump on the back wheel :p Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 13.28.10.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Got to agree with that 100%, perhaps it should be renamed to the bogger

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Never been a fan of bobbers and never will be.
    BUT ..... if other folk like them, good for them. And why not?
    If you really want fugly then just have a look at most of the (naked in particular) modern bikes available these days - the bastard children of a one night stand between the Hunchback of Notre Dame and a drunken Transformer in a rejected motorcycle body parts warehouse. YUK!:poop:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Is that ...................Dozer??

5. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    How on earth are you meant to mount a topbox on one of these blobber things?

6. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Now that ain't bad (plainer tank needed)

IMG_1720.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    I quite liked it but I thought it would be lighter than it is

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Looks better with the short rear mudguard/fender and side plate. We had one with ape hangers in the showroom a customer had ordered which looked okay if you like that sort of thing. For me the back end looks unbalanced and looks better with pillion on the 'America' pictured in MEN a while back - no doubt Triumph testing the water.

9. Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    North Lanarkshire
    Well I of course would disagree, since I got one. Each to their own though, I'd suggest seeing one in the metal before forming a final opinion. Have to say it's the one bike once I saw it at the show I just had to have it. I love the rear of it and the 40's styling.

Yeah I know it's a but chunky around the tail but I think it suits it, and don't want flush fitting indicators etc. Also had a look at the side mounted plate and it seems to me to be a lump stuck on the side.

As I said each to their own, and there are many bikes out there I can't stand but hey if you like em then great.

Cheers

Magoo

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Still trying to get over the fact that it weighs 228kg. A pity they couldn't of shaved some weight off it

11. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Followed one that was in a Harley group thumping round the lakes (I was in my car, alas) it was very distinctive from behind, not in a bad way. The underside of the seatpan is really eye catching to watch though... "bobbing" I guess?

:D

12. Sukh

Sukh New Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Heathrow
    #12 Sukh, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  13. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I think "wannabe" every time I see a race rep... each to their own, pick a bike you like and just ride it

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    North Lanarkshire
    I hear what you say Dozer and you are totally right Bobbers have always been custom built bikes with Triumph hijacking the term which many don't agree with.

Triumph offer a side mounted plate and cut down rear fender to match, I just didn't like the size of it, seemed too big. Way bigger than the one in your pic of Mike125s Speedmaster. (which is stunning)

As for the weight, I honestly can say it doesn't feel heavy on the go, in fact I like how stable and planted it feels, but then I'm used to 90s bikes not the new breed of super lightweight rockets.
    For an old fart like me it's a good match of noise, yep the bark from even the standard pipes is lovely, thrust, not speed as I'm done doing over a ton for my bike to make sense, and looks, again a personal thing.

Totally get how some won't and will never like it as a true bobber is a hand crafted individual piece of engineering like Mike125s above but if it gets more bikers back on two wheels then why not.

I :heart: mine.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. DGB56

DGB56 New Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Whidbey Island Wa, USA
    I love my bobber. It handles real nice, has good power, I like the look and is different from my 900 Thruxton to make it a nice change of pace. I also get plenty of positive comments on the look, never a negative. When parked next to Harley's I get more looks and positive comments then the weekender Harley's. I'll just keep on smiling as I roll on down the road.

• Like Like x 5
  16. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Looks to me like semi skimmed milk sydrome, only getting half of what you pay for!:)
    Or a Delprado bike, buy it in monthly instaments on a magazine cover!
    To be fair I have seen a 'real one' and it does look better than in the picture, but unfortunately it always reminds me of Beckham.:worried:
    Like been said before, if you like it thats all that matter though.:cool: