ASV levers for 2017 Speed Triple R

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by ScreaminWargasm, Mar 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Hi all,

As the title suggests, I will be taking delivery of a new Triple R in a week or so and will be looking at changing the levers to some better quality ones. My previous bike had Pazzo levers which felt and looked very nice.

Anyone know where I can get either ASV or Pazzo's to fit my bike??

I've been looking all over the internet but can't seem to find anything to fit the 2016+ model.

Many thanks

Mick

2. Megamold

Megamold Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Belgium
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Nice one mate, my googling skills are obviously not as good as yours

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megamold

Megamold Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Belgium
    Nah, I've just been preparing my accessory list since they announced the new model in 2016.
    Mine was delivered last week :-D

• Like Like x 2
  5. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    ASV my 1st choice

• Like Like x 2
  6. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    I've just ordered some ASV standard length ones from Sportsbike shop.

This has been an expensive couple of days :)

7. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #7 MrTriple, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Hello Mick - It might be worth double checking that ASV have physically updated the levers...

I tried a pair on my 2016 R last year and the clutch lever was missing the kill switch tab...and it was a tight fit (despite installing the correct bush exactly as prescribed). It turned out that the lever was described as 2016 compatible, but they had made no modification for the updated bike. I got a full refund.

I shared some photos and specs with ASV, who said they were "on it" - but after eight more weeks of "we're on it", I gave up waiting and bought this pair on eBay for £45. They turned out to be so acceptable, I've stuck with them. Here's a pic:

2017-03-08 08.10.14.jpg

Evotech seem a popular choice, but top of my list are these from Oberon. I saw them at the MCN motorcycle show last month and they are beautifully made - they don't list our 2016+ bike on their website, but they said they were available...albeit for £160.

2017-03-08 08.10.14.jpg

8. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks for the info mate, they will arrive tomorrow so I'll have a look at them and send back if necessary.

Without having my bike yet I may struggle knowing if they will be the updated version.

Can you describe what the 'kill switch tab' looks like if possible so I can see if they are likely to fit.

Really appreciate your advice with this,

Mick

9. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Here are some pics I sent ASV - they may have updated them by now, so fingers crossed.

TriumphSpeedTripleR2016_4.jpg TriumphSpeedTripleR2016_3.jpg

The tab is likely to be a separate part that screws on to the lever - that way they can manufacture levers that fit more than one bike, by including different shaped tabs.

Where are you buying your bike from Mick - you might be local to me?

TriumphSpeedTripleR2016_3.jpg

TriumphSpeedTripleR2016_4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks for the pics mate, I'm hoping they'll fit but not confident now!
    Bought it from Jack Lillie in Romford.

11. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    That's where mine's from :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Im sure Jack Lilley will be on top of things

13. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Got Sportsbike shop to check if they will fit. They contacted ASV who have stated that they will not fit the 2016+ so no use to me. No idea on when they are likely to have them either.

I'm going to try either the Evotech or maybe the EBay ones.

Mick

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Well I'm kind of glad that my fears were actually correct, although I thought that ASV would have sorted it by now o_O

I've never seen Evotechs in the flesh, but judging by the quality of my rad guard and tail tidy, you can't go wrong if you choose that route.

I'm still itching for the Oberon levers - an ideal Mother's day gift!

15. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    One of the guys at Lilley installed the adjustable/foldable version of the eBay levers on his 2016 Triple. I think his name is Ken if you were to ask to have a look. I can show you mine if you're local and it's not raining ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    I'll have a chat with them when I collect my bike. I've also ordered the Evotech tail tidy and rad/oil cooler guards so if their stuff is decent, I'll probably get those.
    You're right though, you'd think ASV would have sorted out the issue by now!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    The quality and precision fit of the Evotech stuff is superb - I think we've decided...get the levers too and you won't be disappointed. Their tail tidy fits with stock or Arrow cans, so that won't cause you any trouble either.

All you need is the bike :)

18. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Already ordered some SC Project oval cans which arrive on Friday.
    Can't wait to pick her up and fit the parts. I'll get some pics up when it's all done.

Thanks again for the advice mate

• Like Like x 1
  19. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I fitted ASV to my 2011 Speed Triple as I wanted a change from my Pazzo but the fitting wasn't spot on :eek:

I ended up going for my usual .....Pazzo and all good ;)

20. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Just an update on this should anyone need the info down the line....

I contacted ASV in the states and they reckon that the problem with the neutral kill switch on the 2016+ Speed Triple R has been rectified.
    Apparently the latest version is part number CRC541 and the clutch lever will have the above followed by the letter I (India) ingraved on it.

They suggested that the UK importer Performance Parts Limited should have the latest version in stock now.

I gave them a call and they confirmed the above, so I ordered them and they arrive tomorrow. Hopefully they'll fit without any problems and I'll let you know how it goes and post up some pictures.

Mick

• Useful Useful x 2