Ashamed To Be European

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chortlingjack, Mar 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Relax, not another Brexit rantathon in the making. As some will know, we're rounding off our southern hemisphere trip with a few days in Bali. Lovely place BTW. The people are the nicest, most mild mannered, keen to please and polite people you could wish to meet. Sadly that points up what slobs so many Europeans are. They storm into breakfast ignoring staff and other guests alike in their headlong rush to stack their plates. Then they light up without a second thought for those around them. Brits, Germans and Dutch are worst, pretty much in that order. If this makes me sound snobbish it's a mantle I will happily wear. Christ on a bike, it's like watching the feckin Flintstones. :(

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Nowt wrong wi that.

It’s one reason why me and Mrs YM shy away from hotels on our fly away jollies. We much prefer summat like Airbnb so we can please ourselves what we do and when we do it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    We have our fair share of this type over here too! I guess that just shows that wherever you go, people are all the same the world over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I'm not sure it is just Europeans. Does not matter where you go in the world you get ignorant people of all creeds. It's a human thing.........

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. mpllineman

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    It's not just Europeans my friend. I can assure you that the whole world has an assortment of people who are just plain rude. I'm just glad that those of us who try to be courteous outnumber them!

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep that is my view.....

7. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Yep......... that’s it

8. In fairness the sudden exposure to light left me looking less than my best. A shave maybe wouldn't have hurt....
    Joking apart, they do have a special passport line for young families and over 60s. Rather civilised :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    It's not from which countries they come from, it the individuals themselves. Some people have no manners and treat others like crap. I treat people with the respect they give me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kev Beilby

Kev Beilby New Member

Mar 18, 2019
    New Zealand

11. Kev Beilby

Kev Beilby New Member

Mar 18, 2019
    New Zealand
    It’s reasons like these why we left Britain 20 years ago. Living in NZ now. Polite and easy going. Good bikes mg scene too

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    A heartwarming story in the paper the other day. The Mongrel Mob performed a Haka outside a mosque then stood guard outside while the locals went in to pray.
    For those who don’t know who the Mongrel Mob are have a look at google, it’s not something they would normally do but it was an awesome display of solidarity that we can all learn lessons from.
    Found the story
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-moving-haka-outside-New-Zealand-mosque.html

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dale

Dale Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Cincinnati
    Yo DD, whether a facility allows smoking or not, smoke, & not much of it, permeates an entire facility. Not all things permissable / legal are smart/wise/right.
    Smokers should smoke outside & down wind.
    PS- anatomically speaking, smokers suck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 2
  14. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Dale,Totally agree,i was sitting in a pub just before the smoking ban came in over here,i was sitting there with 5 mates when this ignorant italian comes over with his own ashtray,fag alight in his mouth,i said we are sitting here at this table without an ashtray for a reason,he paid no attention to this and continued to sit down blowing smoke over everybody,so i waited until he put his fag in the ashtray tipped some of my beer on it and told him he was an ignorant b-stard to which he replied he dosen't like me,i said fine the feeling is mutual and if you want to come back and talk to the others then do it without the ashtray or fags or go and have one outside,he seemed disgruntled by this,typical smoker don't give a shit for anybody else so long as they get their smokes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dale

Dale Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Cincinnati
    Thank you & good for you Their inconsideration generally filters into other areas of social inconsiderations as well.

16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Don’t worry ladies I won’t smoke in front of your Feckin unicorn :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Dale

Dale Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Cincinnati
    On behalf of non-smokers in your vicinity, we appreciate & thank you for your future consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    There's justice in the world when i see the smokers on the very edge of the hospital[no smoking anywhere in hospital grounds] but they stand there connected to their drips in nighties and pj's shivering their arses off for that smoke,makes me smile,didn't die of the symptoms but got pneumonia out in the car park.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    jez,of course you don't hassle folk that don't smoke they are not doing you any harm,iv'e got nothing against anybody doing things that dosen't HARM ME but when smoking harms me and they sit there without a care in the world blowing it all over me then i get pissed off big time and i'd like to think that working hard for over 30yrs as a carpet fitter and paying my insurance to the goverment more than pays for my "free knee".

• Like Like x 3
  20. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    When my "free knee" is better jez,i will have to go back to the slave labour of min wage for another 10yrs and save up my N.I contributions for when you have COPD and need an iron lung in the hospital,that's mates for yer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  21. mpllineman

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I agree. The whole subject is so damned twofaced over here anyway. I think I'll sh*t if I hear one more person say that they are concerned for my health! What a load, when they only want my cash. And yes I picked up this habit very young.Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 2