Arrow Exhausts - 2016 Speed R

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Chris James, Apr 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris James

Chris James New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Aylesbury, England.
    Evening guys,

Looking at getting either Twin Arrows or a lowboy for my 2016 speed. Want something that sounds great, but not overbearing!
    Have been looking at the twins for a long time but now like the look of the low boy, just worried it may be too loud.

About a month ago I bought SC project twin ovals, they look amazing, and sound good, but if I'm honest probably too loud for my liking, hence the reason for change.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

2. Owen2737

Owen2737 New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    N Ireland
    #2 Owen2737, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Have a low boy fitted to my 2015 S3R.Actually found it very quiet and ended up removing the baffle.It's still not too loud so don't think you need to worry about it.Having said that I've just changed from a Tuono V4 with a Racefit can so hearing could already be f@@ked! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Ive got the low boy on my 16 speed s, far too loud without the baffle. Just about right with it in

4. Chris James

Chris James New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Aylesbury, England.
    So that’s the thing.. I see the lowboy isn’t road legal, and I read somewhere that it doesn’t come with a baffle as standard.
    Would twins be the safer bet??

5. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Do you think I might interest you in these?

I removed them from my old 2016 R which originally came with stock cans. These are the 'ROW' (Rest Of World) version which have removable baffles. I kept them in case I decided to fit them to my 2018 RS, but the link pipe isn't compatible.

I found them too quiet with the baffles in, so after a little research, I cut 1cm off the end of each baffle (the inside part that you can't see when fitted) which removes the small diameter hole and opens up the pipe to allow more flow - and a little more noise.

They sounded great like that, until I then decided it still wasn't enough, so removed the baffles altogether and never looked back :yum

They're in pristine condition and should give you the flexibility that you're looking for - if you're interested, just send me a PM.

(The black tape on the baffles in the photo is just to hold the securing screw in place so it doesn't get lost ;))

2018-04-02 14.08.09 HDR.jpg
    2018-04-02 14.08.24.jpg
    2018-04-02 14.09.07.jpg
    2018-04-02 14.08.48.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    I have a set for sale too, in the for sale section.

Lowboy - has a fixed baffle, removable only with a little surgery.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris James

Chris James New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Aylesbury, England.
    Mr Triple, they look perfect condition! How much are you looking for? I think they could be the answer..

Re the lowboy, I see they are are marked as not road legal so assumed they were baffle less and noisy!

8. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Chris...I'll send you a PM with some details :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    They are noisy, but have a fixed baffle.

10. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Just to clarify (because I've received several PMs since Sunday), my Arrow cans are now hanging on Chris's Speed Triple R, so are no longer available.

Thanks for the interest - and I'm sure we're all eager to find out if the perfect sound results from baffles in, or baffles out :laughing:

11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    In addition to cutting the closed end off the baffle I also drilled more holes at the top end, gives a bit more noise but keeps that bit of back pressure and the legal look ;)

12. Chris James

Chris James New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Aylesbury, England.
    So guys, the twin high levels are fitted and looking great. After a quick 100 miles yesterday, I can confirm the baffles are staying out!

Thanks again MrTriple!

• Like Like x 2
  13. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I'd say that's a perfect (and predictable) outcome :p