Arping On Again About This Tsx.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by joe mc donald, Nov 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sorry peeps I keep going on about this TSX. I have tried to show some more pic's. Is there any one who can recommend someone to repair the decals or save what is there already.
    Kind Regards
    Joe.

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    BB3Lions
    I'm all ears. Please do carry on.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    I did think it was going that way. But thought he might have had a second part to the good advice.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad.
    Your work looks quite good. My tank is the original item and paint to my knowledge. I would like to repair or redo keeping the oem paint.. You know I am not sure what I want. Really just want to keep it as good as possible. I would love to talk to someone who knows better than I. Money I will look at any price just to get it right. I have fallen in love with this Bike and want to ride it and show of.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    BB3Lions
    Yes I accept that and will listen to all comments someone might be able to help. I am not looking for oem finishes and even prepared to listen to someone who can save it best way possible.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Forgot to say did talk to Tigcraft and he is a busy boy. But was a mind of help.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Appreciate that. But yes I do have OCD. Well where my bikes are concerned. And yes I do go through a few bikes. But I don't have a reason. Just when something catches my eye I need to have it. Comes from my Dad I think. He and I never seen eye to eye over bikes. But I do know this will get worse and I really want to stop it before it gets worse. I have tried several attempts at finding a replacement especially from my American Brothers were the bike was more popular and someday one may appear.. Thanks so much for all your help. And just a note this bike won't be sold I love it and am happy to look after it for my Boys when I can't ride any more. My T100 865 again is for my boys I can't get enough of it. The t100 900 I have a passion for it. I did offer it for sale but just wanted to see what response it would get. Its not for sale but I got some good offers from European Brothers then explained to them my reason. I won't print some of the replies I got. So Mate I think I am there now after all these years. The Hornet I would sell for a single or twin but I am also quite prepared to keep it as it does the job I need it for.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peeps on here Ron would probably pay a lot more just to be shot of me. They just feel sorry for me as my meds are more severe than mine.
    Regards
    Joe

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ron.
    You know that's what I have been thinking. I know OR knew a Lady sign writer. I may try I'm going to say see her rather than what I was thinking of saying grab her as you would get me into more trouble.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ron
    Only thing I grab these days is a walking stick. But thanks.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    @joe mc donald, ok joe, you didn’t show me the shit side of that tank. I can repair the decal area and possibly without cutting into that candy red. I’d have to strip out the decal area and build the height up then re add those stripes. Pm me when you get a chance. Eric

• Like Like x 7
  12. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #8 Tricky-Dicky, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Joe, Triumph had a habit of adding decals and then clear lacquer over the top and then add the pin striping over that so it makes trying to fix decals difficult, in that era it would likely be cellulose based so you have to be a bit careful what you use,
    i have forgot too much over the years about paints, whether 2k would be OK i cant remember, most well cured paints you can get away with using a lot of different types of paint over, but acrylic can be a bit hit and miss so always try what you use for touch up somewhere inconspicuous.
    If you could get the correct colours it wouldn't be that .hard to do bar the pin striping i was never good at doing freehand and preferred to used tape, but if you want to keep it as is...its probably more work to just touch up and i doubt that the
    crazing will come out without removing the lacquer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1