1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    https://www.adventurebikerider.com/...ntry-discovery-route-and-it-looks-incredible/

Found this and thought some may find it interesting, This couple travel the back roads and having been fortunate myself to have done the vast majority of them myself I can say it's an awesome place to go out exploring, best on a dirt or adventure bike though we hired dirt bikes and had a great time even taking trouble to seek permission to cross indigenous lands

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    One giant playground the south west. Difficult to perceive. Difficult to perceive the fkn heat too! I describe it as "Hairdryer on Turbo."

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    The heat is something else, but we where issued with camelbacks and carried extra water so it helped

• Like Like x 5
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi, @Don the Don! I just now saw this thread and watched the video. Awesome! While I don't ride off-road to didn't recognize any of that in particular, there were some paved roads that I've seen and I've been across that bridge for sure. :) It does make me contemplate a dirt or adventure bike. But only a little bit. ;):joy: I don't even own a mountain bike as I've always preferred pavement. But a video like this makes me wonder....and dream. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    I dont know how you can resist! I would be more than happy with a wee CRF250L to plod about on. See mountain, must get to top of mountain! But pedalling up it, yeah,nah! :D

Sometimes you dont know what you have got. Over here we are heavily restricted even for off tarmac tracks never mind proper off road. Scotland is even worse.:confused:

Set of engine bars and some fat knobblies for the Speedy, eh?;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Dirt bike or Jeep, I have used both and loved it every time the place is truly awesome AZ & Utah and Moab well worth a look outback, the indigenous lands [permission sought] are an eye opener, got to do it @Sandi T. lives to short gal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    As a keen dirt rider that looks like Nirvana, well almost, not sure I could handle the heat. Nothing quite like being up to the axles in a Derbyshire peat bog though......Really? o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    We had a blast in our Wrangler going off-road while we were out there. Not too far off road, the Wrangler has capabilities that my skills (lack of) as an off-road driver can't come near to exceeding. I must admit the Wrangler is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned that isn't a motorcycle.

• Like Like x 4